“Horseshoe Casino” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stevenson, AL
“Horseshoe Casino”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

My niece, my sister, and I spent the night at the Horseshoe on December 23 and 24. On the first night it rained really hard and when we got up the next morning, the floor was soaked for about two feet from the window. My niece had her laptop sitting at the end of the couch and the bag was soaking wet. Fortunately, the computer was not harmed. Had the bag not been a corporate bag, the computer would also have been ruined. We were in Room 726. According to the maintenance man which was sent to look at the room, they have several rooms that leak. Security also came up and made pictures. We were told we could move to another room. We declined. Why move to another room when it might leak worse? We were also offered free meals to the buffet but we already had free meals there. A nice fat steak would have been good though. My niece is a Diamond card holder and does most of her playing at Harrah's in Cherokee. I doubt we will ever get her back to the Horseshoe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Conway, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

This hotel is VERY disorganized. The staff here are terrible. From valet to check in to the cage. The room itself was ok but it was just the attitude of the whole hotel and everyone that works here.I will never stay here again and i will tell my friends not to come here either. And its not that we didnt get "pampered". I am not one of those kind of people. It was just the attitude of the whole hotel and casino. Maybe they just had an off night. I dont know but it was terrible.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Tunica, ms - The Horseshoe Casino Hotel- "Excellent"
Date: Nov. 20, 2008
Reviewer: Casino Lady 2008

I really enjoyed my stay at the Horseshoe, I got in late and the staff was very nice, She even upgraded my room. The Buffet was great, the people was exceptionally nice and the Casino wasn't that bad, I even won a little money. We stayed for 4 days and over all it was a nice trip. I will definitely be back next year!!!

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2008

This was a great hotel a few years back. But it really needs to be upgraded to Casino Hotel instead of it looking like a tired old Holiday Inn. Staff was OK in Hotel and Bell Staff did an OK job.

Good place but just understand that is is really not that nice of a place. Desk in room was years old with damages on front. Desk chair looked like someones kitchen chair, no rollers or any thing. Flat screen in Bathroom, but no remote. Old bulky TV that you pulled out from the wall in the room. No fan in bathroom. But for only 80 bucks a nite it was OK.

Food service, just sucked. The reason i booked this hotel was because of the buffet that has always been so good. It sucked on Sunday Night. Long lines, staff that was either dumb or just rude. Cold Fish, Chicken and other fried foods. Ice Cream was hot,,,go figure. Price is now off the chain at almost 20 dollars a person.

Tried Snack Bar later in evening and that was like a clown act. Staff spent more time yelling at each other than doing their own job. Took almost 20 mins to get two cheese burgers and my order was 2nd in line. Cook just wondered off, guess for a break. Cashier was too worried about cute guys than customers. Really sad way to waste space that could be making them money.

• Liked — Room Size
  • Disliked — Dirty Bath room counter top...yuckkkkk
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

My husband and I just got back. Great time! even won a little $$.
We have visited Tunica for past 6 years, staying at Harrah's (used to be the Grand Hotel), but wanted to experience the other hotels for the fun of it. Glad we did. Loved the fact the hotel and casino are attached. Even though we did not mind taking the shuttle when at the GRAND, it was really convenient to walk from the hotel room to the casino without going outside! :)
The Grand Casion is bigger, I must admit , but big or small, loosing/winning money is the all the same. Plan to go back in Apil;, If you have a chance go! its a lot of fun!!!!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
asweet1122
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

My husband and I recently visted Tunica MS and stayed at the Horseshoe and loved it! The room was spacious with a huge Plasma TV mounted on the wall. We arrived before check in time and was given a room without any hesitation from the friendly front dest agent. Our room was cleaned everyday and the bed was so very comfy! We were comped dinner at their buffet and it was great! And when we checked out we were comped one night of our stay! Everyone was friendly from the front dest receptionist to the casino host to the valet and housekeeping staff! The pool was small which was a disapointment. We did not win at the Horseshoe but played also at all the other casinos and found that Harrahs was the best for winning! It was sometimes hard to get a cocktail but found out if you sit at the bar and play the .25 video poker the drinks flow very well! There is a free shuttle to Harrahs only which was always on time. The Sherton and Gold Strike are right next door so we walked to those. But you have to dirve to the other casinos in the area. EAT AT PAULA DEANS BUFFETT IN HARRAHS BUT BRING YOUR APPETITE! We have been to Vegas a few times and if Vegas is Disneyworld then Tunica is Dollywood. The Goldstrike gave the best comps so we spent a lot of time there. But overall I would only stay at the Horseshoe!

• Liked — THE ROOM
  • Disliked — NO WINNING!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

I am a Harrahs Rewards Diamond player and my host booked my husband and I for the week of 8/25 - 8/30. We had a spacious clean room with a seating area separate from the bed area which was great for us since my husband is an early riser. The location is in the middle of 3 casinos within a short walk of one another (none of the other casinos hotels are like that) and the hotel is attached to the casino (as is the one next door which is a Sheraton Harrahs property) the Gold Strike is on the other side (not a harrahs but an MGM property) with a hotel attached. The Horseshoe paid okay (I play mostly penny slots) but had the advantage of the Sheraton Casino to go to that had more variety and still gave me points. All in all the payout was pretty good (I was at Foxwoods last year and they were horrid as big as they are) One thing I can say is the HorseShoe Buffet was delicious. NOW keep in mind my husband and I ARE NOT buffet people. The variety and quality was a surprise to both of us we ate there almost every night. On Friday the have a Seafood buffet with all you can eat crab legs and even lobster (they are small tails and you can only get one at a time but they were delicious). We also went to the Paula Dean buffet at the Harrahs Grand Casino....a must for you to try. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere cozy and if you go mid afternoon the lunch price is only 10.99 person
well worth it. We got comped for the buffet each day at the Horseshoe so if you play and have a card do not be shy to ask it they will comp you. NOW the staff for the most part was very friendly and helpful.. not overly enthusiastic but I am okay with that. The pool at the Horseshoe is enough to get wet and grab some sun to get out of the casinos for awhile. It is not luxurious but served my purpose. There are shuttles to all the hotels that come regularly so if you drove you can park you car and not use it again unless you want to . I also used the Bellimiso Spa at the Harrahs Terrace hotel it was fabulous with my coupons I received in the mail I had 5 services and only paid $25 plus tips. We drove from the NW suburbs of Chicago and it was a straight easy drive (9hours) traffic was light and gas was cheaper then airfare. Nothing much else to do if you go, you can go do the Elvis thing (which we did not) we did take the steamboat ride on the river it was nice. The casinos are all out in the middle of cotton fields so there is no city traffic to fight. SO if you like casino hopping then this is the place to go. WE also saw the Trace Adkins concert on Friday at the Horseshoe. This was also great the theater is small so seating was good.
Good luck with your trip if you decide to go we had a great time.

• Liked — Big Room and location to casino
  • Disliked — couch was a little worn looking - My husband could not get the Cubs games on TV
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Horseshoe Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!