“Bad Timing” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, GA
“Bad Timing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband, mother and father in law, and my step daughter stayed at this hotel. I stayed here before years ago. A lot has changed. Because Harrah's in Tunica closed June 1, 2014, a lot of the people that had rooms booked for Harrah's was placed in rooms in Horseshoe. We had reserved our non smoking rooms 6 months earlier. Our room preference was ignored due to giving the Harrah's customer their room preferences. My mother in law suffers from COPD. We were told that they did not have any more non smoking rooms so they placed an air purifier in her room. We were also told that they would try to move her to a different room the next day.My mother in law did not want to have to pack up her things and move to another room It would have been appreciated if someone from Horseshoe would have contacted us and let us know that we would not be receiving our room preference. At least we would have had the opportunity to decide whether to stay at that hotel or book at another one. We requested a microwave for our room. When we received it, it was filthy. The refrigerator in the room was wobbly. The buffet was excellent. I do not think I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay here, when you book your room on line, if you have any type of health issues, be sure an...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary by traveling to Tunica on a day trip. The buffet was expensive since we do not travel to the casino often. We paid 45 for two people. After we ate, we gambled a little. I quit after spending 60 bucks and only getting maybe five dollars back. My husband also did not win a dime. Friends say we have to play at least a hundred bucks to win.
After spending almost a hundred for a room, almost fifty for dinner, we can not afford Tunica.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Keosauqua, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Other than the fact that they charge for the internet (can you believe that!!!) is was a nice place. The buffet was very good, lots of selections. The rooms were very nice also. The place was very clean...my 1st time in Tunica. If they ever offer free internet I might come back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very clean and large room, excellent service. Convenient distance to casino. Maid service was wonderful and helpful. Bottle water was available to rooms at all times and that was a plus. Loved the promotional coupons for free rooms and casino play money; buffet was the bomb.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
borger, texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

nice room, great casino, great poker room.....this trip, the power was off due to lines being down...they ran two generators to keep the casino rolling and the lower floor rooms....we were lucky and had a 2nd floor room, but some other people we met on the elevator with higher rooms were issued a flashlight! yes, no power at all up there, I don't know how they could take it!! love their poker room tho, the best in the south still as far as I am concerned....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Horseshoe Casino Resort in Tunica and had a few unexpected problems. Rooms were spacious and quiet with good amenities, yet lacked an overall cleanliness that I like in a hotel room. Dirt around the shower rod (I hang my washcloth there), an a circle of grime around the base of the toilet. Small things but still something that is not often seen in other hotels. The worse part of my visit was the lack of cell phone service and internet service. Having to pay for internet service is one thing but then not receiving a signal strong enough to open a web page is another. Definitely not a hotel for business travelers nor for business conventions or conferences.

The food service was varied with several restaurants (I had an excellent piece of lamb in the steak house) located on the main floor. The buffet needs to be better managed for the food was cool and apparently not seasoned well. The Burger Bar which was opened 24 hours was the BEST food place on the property. Fresh food, Great service and an open atmosphere.

Now if gambling is your thing than this is the place to be with 24 / 7 gambling operations, many food and liquor options and located miles from any other city, Tunica is perfect for gambling.

Room Tip: Review your room completely upon check-in and check linens, bathroom and air conditioning. Be sure...
Green Features: I am allergic to tobacco so the minute I stepped into the hotel and I left I had breathing problems. There are smokers everywhere you look and the smell of tobacco smoke permeates each room and meeting area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Fenton, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a comped room there on May 15. This was the first awful room we have ever experienced there.It looked like a crime scene in there. there were big stains all over the carpet and it was not clean. The air conditioner rattled so loud it was impossible to sleep. We told the lady at the desk and said we would wait on a survey. She said she would take care of it. Needless to say we never received a survey. Won't ever be going back and for sure won't recommend anyone else to go there.Charles Valentine

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!