“Always a good stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
farmington mo
“Always a good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We try to go to Tunica at least twice a year and always spend a couple nights at Horseshoe casino and hotel. Horseshoe is one of the few casinos that has maintained a very clean and comfortable place to stay and play. Tunica is not what it used to be since the flood and economic downturn but Horseshoe is still in very good condition. We stayed in a premium room and it is very roomy and comfortable. Even if you are not offered a premium room it would be worth the cost of an upgrade. The only downside to Harrah's properties is no free Wi-Fi, they charge $12.95 a day, (goofy). They do not offer a breakfast buffet, not a big problem since you can walk next door to another fine property Gold Strike for a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Have never had a poor room at Horseshoe, premium room upgrade is worth it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was a one night stay while traveling. The Hotel was very nice. A Thursday night, so it wasn' real crowded. The room was very nice as was the bathroom. The only complaint I had of the room was the noise that the window type air conditioner made. Otherwise no complaints at all. The casino was good. Lots of slot machines to try to beat. The Buffett was very good. A large selection of food to choose from. Wish they had breakfast during the week. 3 casinos within walking distance while there. We enjoyed our stay and will be staying there again when passing thru Tunica.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor next to the swimming pool. No one was using it because of the time of y...
Green Features: I had nothing bad to say about the Horseshoe Casino and Hotel. It is like most other places today, trying to conserve energy and go green as much as possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
little rock, arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed two nights (Friday and Saturday) at the Horseshoe. Our room was quiet and clean. Beds were comfortable. Room had a refrigerator and a coffee maker. I asked for a king bed and got two doubles --- but that's a small thing. Our room was at the end of a hall which might account for the quietness but I think the rooms are just well insulated for sound. There's a Starbucks in the lobby for good morning coffee, too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Girlfriend and I stayed at the Horseshoe last Wednesday night. It was our first time in Tunica, and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. Check-in took no more than a couple minutes, and the standard king size room was excellent in all facets. Exceeded expectations.

The casino is nice sized, and while several people on this site mention the smoke, I didn't notice it being any more noticeable than virtually any other casino I've been in. It's a very nice casino, with plenty of gaming options. And the ability to order drinks through the slot and video poker machines was one of the best things I've seen in a casino. Servers had the drinks to you very quickly after ordering.

Also had a great experience at the blackjack table, with the dealer and pit bosses being as friendly as any I've ever dealt with. There was also consistent drink service available at the tables. And there were never any issues when dealing with the cashier, always quick and prompt.

It was nice to see security stationed outside the elevators to the rooms. And they were very helpful with directions.

Standard checkout time is 11 a.m., but I called the front desk when we got back to the room for the night, and they were quick to OK our checkout being extended to noon.

When we checked out, it was a quick process, and there were no issues with the bill.

This was one of the best experiences I've had at a hotel, and there is no question we will be returning to the Horseshoe on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The convenience of the hotel to the casino and restaurants made this a worthwhile stay. The rooms were more than adequate for our needs and we had a great time. This was our third trip to the Tunica area and we noticed a huge change in the attitudes of employees. Unfortunately not for the better. Many of them had no desire to engage in conversation and even though they were greeting us (which must be part of their job requirements) many lacked the sincerity in the tone of their voice. When you pushed the conversation most of them opened up - but this was a vacation - I didn't come to work the crowd to make conversation or communicate. Two particular employees - in the food service end of things - just seemed annoyed that I continued to attempt to make conversation. I can understand anyone having an off or bad day - but when it is noticed in almost the entire compliment of staff we encountered - there is a problem and it shouldnt be pushed over to the paying customer. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Room Tip: Not the most friendliest stop along the way
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
garland, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed one night here. Had a premium king which was nice space wise.
One of the t.v.s didn't work but that was not a problem. Comfortable bed, nice size tub/shower and t.v. in the bathroom. The food I ate there was not that great but not that bad. I would stay there again and eat somewhere else next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Clifton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Horseshoe Casino and Hotel is a beautiful property set way off Hwy 61 South, down about 25 miles from Memphis. The rooms are gorgeous and comfortable and the views are lovely. The casinos do smell remnants of cigarette smoke and people were smoking. There are hundreds of slots to play and the tables were pretty full so it's a busy place. Great restaurants and the buffet is to die for....Front desk staff need to have training on better customer service. I experienced a problem and the three separate people I dealt with had attitudes and showed little respect. A bottle of wine was taken from my room as well as a brand new bar of soap from my shower stall. I was locked out of my room even after being told I could stay in it due to a change in my reservation. Obviously I got two separate desk clerks. Housekeeping personnel are customer friendly and helpful however. The supervisor I dealt with looked to be about 20 years old and seemed like she couldn't care less about my ordeal. I will likely stay at Sam's or Bally's my next visit and I will not be scheduling the next reunion group there as I'd planned. These folks need to learn a lot about helping their customers.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on the South side of the building on 3 or above. The North side faces the parking g...
Green Features: This hotel is definitely a green hotel. They recycle everything and the grounds and hotel is immaculately clean. Except for cigarette smoke residue and smell through the casino, it appears to be very energy efficient and environmentally sensitive.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Horseshoe Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!