“satisfaction depends on your expectations” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Casino Center Dr., Tunica, MS 38664   |
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Tunica
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“satisfaction depends on your expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I read several reviews on TA that trashed this hotel. After a recent one-night stay, I can say that most of the comments are accurate, but also that some peoples' expectations may be too high. The hotel probably gets a lot of traffic, and I guess a lot of the guests do not pay for their rooms. This results in rooms that look heavily used and abused. I think this is the nature of the casino hotel rooms in this area. I booked and received a premium king; was allowed to check in early, and enjoyed the room. Yes, it is dated, but it was clean and pretty comfortable. Go stay, relax and enjoy. Just do not expect a 3 or 4 star hotel.

Room Tip: Book the premium King Room, very spacious!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
borger, texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

we stayed at horseshoe tunica last month, and we were majorly disappointed in our room. it smelled musty, and was very cramped. the sheets and towels were clean thank god, but the carpet and flooring had seem better days years ago. the bath facilities were very cramped. if it had not been comped we would have moved to other accomodations. it was our last stay with harrahs. I found them to be difficult to work with and not very helpful. we are mostly poker players, but when we play slots, we play hi dollar ones. the cards they issued did not work in most of the machines, so we did not get the rating which we earned. I was very disappointed and will be moving to other casinos after being a loyal harrahs customer for over 15 years. goodbye harrahs.

Room Tip: make them give you an upgrade in your room. the cheaper rooms are lousy
Green Features: they don't have any that I noticed, what I read was not what I observed except maybe the ornamental plantings.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed Saturday night for $150.00 and Sunday night free (due to total rewards card points) The room was ready upon arrival and pretty close to elevator, which is nice because I have stayed here before and the room was extremely far from elevator & ice machine. Everything looked good in room. Not $150.00 good but ok since 2nd night free. Went to breakfast at 8:30am, toured around Robinsonville/Tunica .. Back to room round 12:15pm & housekeeping hasn't cleaned room yet. So went back downstairs, had lunch back to room at 2:30pm (my husband wanted to take a nap) room STILL not cleaned! Tried to use phone and call housekeeping & couldn't get through. Called front desk, they transferred me to housekeeping and the attendant told me they would clean my room shortly. Shortly? What about NOW! I know the hotel wasn't sold out last night, why does it take All Day to clean a room for a guest that was here the night before? Mad,upset,disappointed,tired went to front desk & asked how long does it take to clean a room? Was told check in isn't until 3pm? What? I checked in the day before!! I then was advised that I must have had my do not disturb on door. No, I didn't & left property at 8:30am. She then called housekeeping to request my room to be cleaned. Only then was my room cleaned! Got back to room at 3:00pm and was cleaned (if ya want to call it that) ... People just don't care anymore and it surly shows with the housekeeping division of Horseshoe Casino and Hotel in Tunica, MS.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama,Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food at the all you can eat buffet was excellent. So many choices. By far one of the
best buffets in Tunica. Will certainly be back next trip. Only negative -- the temperature
in the casino was very cold. You really need to bring a sweater or light jacket to stay awhile.

Room Tip: did not stay at this hotel. But if it is any thing like the buffet we will certainly stay next time...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hermitage, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed here for a night during the week, the rate itself was reasonable, and upon checking everything out, were pleased for our first impression of the casino and hotel. We arrived early and informed the front desk to call us when our room was ready, the front desk never bothered to get it touch with us after a couple hours, so upon asking again the front desk after waiting if our room was ready, it was, but no call ever came. The room itself was ok, it needs more outlets it the walls in the room for phone chargers, laptop computers, etc...I still believe the fact you have to pay for $13 per day for internet service in casino's is insane. An annoying part of the room was that the toilet seat was rather loose, so that's a first I've encountered.

The buffet in the back of the casino was just ok, nothing that blows you away in regards to food. I'd say stay here, but only during the week for the good rates.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Quitman, Ar Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We booked 2 rooms. One was for my 75 y/o father-in-laws birthday. We had the option to upgrade so we did. The rooms were great. I think our trips to Tunica will definitely include a stay at this hotel. The gaming was incredible. The buffet is the best in the area with the most choices. Everyone was exceptionally friendly! Would highly recommend this hotel and casino.

Room Tip: Ask for a premium king. Tons of space to spread out! Huge bath tub to soak in!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this casino after staying at Harrah's Tunica several times and finding myself taking the comp. shuttle over to the Horseshoe more times than not.I thought the casino had a lot of different action and a very friendly staff through out.I asked for a non smoking room and was givin a corner out of the way room.The room had good size, a comfortable bed and a nice flat screen tv.The room was susposed to be non smoking but I smelled smoke in my room all the time as it seemed to be coming through the vent.(HORRIBLE!!) The pool is very quiet but serves the purpose..If u want a bigger pool with cocktails and more lively go down to Harrah's as they have exchange rights.The Diamond lounge is the best.Top shelf drinks and heavy light apps.A lot of fun...The spa at Horseshoe isn't very good...Broken cardio machines and a smelly steam room...Go to Harrah's and spend the $ 20 and go to their spa...Worth every penny.Location for Horseshoe is the best...Walk 50ft to either Roadhouse or Goldstrike casino or take the comp. shuttle to Harrah's..I would stay here again as the pros out way the negetives...

Room Tip: even non smoking rooms have smoke coming through the vents...UGH....
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!