“The hotel is nice.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
texas
“The hotel is nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed one night. The rooms are fine, good bed, starbucks downstairs. have also stayed at the harrahs veranda hotel which while nice is dated, but has a nice small outdoor pool, but you have to take a shuttle to get any where, so st least the horseshoe is self contained.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This trip was not as good as the last Horse Shoe and Ceazar's not charge $14.95 per device not per room. I was very frustrated and attempted to cancel and stay at another hotel, however they would not allow canceling without charging the room. We moved to Hollywood got free Wi-Fi and had food comp the remaining 3 days. I mean food comp'ed for the kids also,

Sorry Harrahs and Horseshoe it is not worth anymore

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Afton, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked a room with a king size bed non smoking. So when I checked in at 5:15 pm they had no room available. They did have a smoking room. I said no being in the casino will be enough smoke for me. So I took a room with 2 queen beds. First room we went to had a musty smell. Well when I look at ac unit it was covered in mold. So we asked to be moved to another room. After 1 hour of waiting they moved us. That room was a little better but when I woke up the next morning my husband and I both had been bitten by some bugs. I had 7 bits on my ankles. This hotel needs to be cleaned and UPDATED!!!! The staff is super nice!!!! Just they need to clean the rooms bad. I thought even the halls smelled. I won't be back to this hotel anytime soon!!!! The food there is way to high!!! $21.00 for buffet!!! I mean come on!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We checked into this room for two nights on July 9th. The room was really great. we had a premium king. The staff was friendly and accommodating. But the food choices in the hotel were limited to a steak restaurant which we did not eat in and a burger bar which was like a Hardees in a casino. Of course there was a buffet, and the food there was horrendous. This is a nice hotel casino, but if they want to sell food there they are wasting their time. My advice is stay at the horseshoe and eat next door at the Gold Strike.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I'll preface the scathing review on service I'm about to give by first saying the room was fine, actually pretty great for the $50 booking.com price. But by the time we finally got there, we were so irritable and annoyed at the world that it didn't even matter....

So, we booked the room on booking.com, which is usually a breeze with no snags. When we walked in to the lobby, a man was waxing the floor right in front of the check-in counter. The only place we could walk was one far corner of the counter, where we stood, assuming we'd be taken care of. Well, the woman behind the counter awkwardly stayed on a computer on the far other end of the counter, talking to us over the man waxing the floor. It seemed extremely rude and just...weird. When our booking.com reservation strangely needed more time to process, we ended up standing around the counter waiting for at least a half an hour, while we were semi-splattered with floor wax, and to make it all more unpleasant, the lobby was infested with mosquitos which I didn't even discover until I had several annoying bites on my ankles. Ugh. Just NOT a pleasant experience. The general attitude from everyone who worked there was just complete indifference.

Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The premier rooms are large and comfortable but the 3 TVs have limited channels and poor reception. Internet connection is $13/night which is a total rip off and spoiled my stay. People congregate in the lobby Starbucks to use free wifi. Do NOT accept a room in the cheapo area. It is miles from the elevator, accessed by a dangerous ramp (my wife and others fell on it) and very noisy as it is near the dirty pool.

Room Tip: You can walk to the Goldstrike where they have free wifi. Stay there instead.
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We were on our 20th anniversary trip to Memphis and chose the Horseshoe online for the price and pictures. Was going to go with Standard King but changed to Premium King. So glad we did. Staying 3 days, the sitting area with chair and sofa was perfect! Room was large, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was quite large. Really happy with the room especially for the price. Perfect place to stay for a visit to Memphis is you don't mind a fairly short drive into town. Much cheaper than staying in town and nice to get away from the city at the end of a busy day. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Would recommend to friends! Only negative, would have liked more food options. Café was closed the one night we wanted to go. Weren't interested in the buffet or steakhouse so ate twice at the burger bar. Otherwise all positive!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!