“Great Get Away” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was my first stay at Horseshoe Tunica Casino Hotel. It is by far the best I have encountered in customer service within the area. The valet and front desk workers are very professional in their tasks....Davie at the bell desk is awesome!
Diamond/Seven Star Check-In was smooth...Samantha was very polite and accommodating.
I stayed in the Premier Suite, while other members of my party stayed in the standard rooms. Both were very nice, with the Premier rooms having more room and better views.
Dined at the Village buffet and J. Binons. Buffet was typical hit and miss. The steakhouse was AWESOME!
Nicki and Michelle in the Diamond Lounge are RockStars!
Casino is one level and spaced very appropriately. Another CET/Harrah’s property is next door-Tunica Roadhouse and on the opposite end is MGM property Gold Strike (also very nice). So there are options. Also a free shuttle runs to the other Harrahs-Harrahs Grand Casino.

I booked this trip with the help of Zachary Cotler ( AAA+), Caesars Independent Casino Host (westcoastvipgaming.com), and Horseshoe Casino in-house Casino Host Leslie Davis (very friendly and charismatic personality). Both are extremely professional and diligent professionals. You can’t go wrong by contacting either of them for you next casino junket/trip…BTW: Zachary works with a lot of Caesars Casinos.

Room Tip: Go for a premium room on a high floor!!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Southaven, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at about 3:30 p.m. There were two girls behind the counter and both seemed to be very unorganized and hassled. We were next on line and waited about 30 minutes to check in. The girl who check us in was not the friendliest person I have met at the Horseshoe. When we got to our room I called housekeeping to request two bath robes. I was told none were available but they would try to find two. Needless to say I never received them. The room was spotless and this time the sheets were clean. On our previous visit the sheets had spots all over them. When I made our reservation I was asked if we were celebrating anything special and I told the person taking the reservation we were celebrating our 54th wedding anniversary. Why they ask is a puzzle to me because we got absolutely nothing. The staff is as always very friendly. I have to add that the buffet is terrible. Most of the food is cold and tasteless. It's certainly not worth the price they charge. We will go back again and hopefully next time we will have no problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: The 7th and 8th floor are the best. Ask for a premium room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
teach20kids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Love this casino and hotel.. It is my favorite in Tunica. Always nice and has great staff. Will return soon. The rooms are big and have great water pressure. The property has a parking garage.. that is an added plus for bad weather. Great location

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms are very comfortable though I have to say running a dust cloth over basic surfaces would really help. The beds are so comfy and soft. The employees are always very kind to us. On my last visits one week apart I couldn't win a thing on the first nite but my return trip I won it all back and more. I would have to say they could step it up in regard to their buffet though, we used to love it but now basic breakfast items like hash browns were barely warm. Overall we really enjoy our stays each and evey time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SCARBOROUGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Used as a base to visit northern Mississippi and cannot fault it. The room was outstanding, the staff were outstanding in fact everything was outstanding. I can't say anything bad about this hotel and would recommend it to all.

Great location with two other casino hotels right next door so you can have a little walk about and enjoy all the combined facilities.

Enjoy

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
West Helena, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is probably my 7th time staying and I have not been disappointed with my check-ins or out, and truly enjoy my stay every time. The rooms were nice, clean and seemed to be up to date. I also love the buffet there as well. I'm always looking forward to going back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very 70s retro, very small but clean. We moved from good strike and the comparison is astounding. Gold strike rooms are beautiful but the staff sucks. Horseshoe staff was great but rooms were lacking in luster.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Horseshoe Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!