“Enjoyable casino vacation” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Fayetteville, Georgia
“Enjoyable casino vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Horseshoe was a good place to stay. The rooms were large and clean, the staff was extrememly friendly and helpful and the food at the restaurants was very good. The casino was clean and the payouts were reasonable. Another plus was that on either side of the Horseshoe are two other casinos, which are just across service drives, so a quick walk to get there, so you got 3 casinos at one location. The only 3 negatives I encountered were: 1)our non-smoking room sometimes seemed to have a smoking odor to it (maybe coming from downstairs?) but it wasn't overwhelming. 2)it would be nice if they would put some umbrellas and tables out by the pool since there isnt much shade out there. 3) They need better signage out on the main road. The only sign out there was so small that we missed it, and we were looking for it. All in all, a good stay and i would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room away from the ice maker. It is pretty loud.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We just came back from Tunica for the first time. Horseshoe Tunica is a beautiful hotel. Our room was fantastic. We weight outside the elevator but never heard any noise coming from the elevator. The bed was so comfortable we both slept like a baby. Very nice experience. Will definitely go back to Horseshoe if we make it back to Tunica.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cookeville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Where do I begin......I thought I was booking at a great casino hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, I realized how wrong I was. At check-in, there was a woman who upgraded our room for free ( so I was like, heck yes), but after handing me the room keys, she says, "The last person I upgraded a room for tipped me $20".....whaaat? I didn't ask for the upgrade. I considered tipping her until I stayed in the room. My husband found a sanitary napkin wrapper on the floor by the bed, the A/C BARELY worked, the smell of smoke was overwhelming ( I was told we booked a non-smoking room, I was informed that there were NO NON-SMOKING rooms in the hotel), there was no sheet on the bed, just a blanket wrapped around the mattress (??), it took the TV 5 minutes to come on (I kid you not), the chairs at the table were broken, the bathroom was filthy and needed dusting badly. Needless to say, we checked out a night early. So, I thought the terrible experience at the hotel was past me until I checked my credit card statement and realized THEY CHARGED ME $58 THE DAY AFTER I CHECKED OUT! I called customer service (which are very nice people, by the way) and she asked if we checked out late? No, we checked early. The woman didn't know why someone charged me the extra money, but she fixed it, thankfully. Overall, I would visit the casino again, but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

Ok i booked my room a month in advance which was a premium and whn i got here they didn't have it available so they gave me a deluxe room which WAS NOT wht i wanted i have been coming here for awhile now im not sure about coming bk

• Stayed July 2012
Edgewood, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I made our first trip to Tunica 6/24/12 and stayed 4 nights at the Horseshoe. All of the staff are extremely nice and friendly here. The rooms are very nice, we had a queen deluxe room with two queen beds and a nice sofa and chair sitting area. Mattresses are the most comfortable we have ever slept on at a hotel! Stayed on 7th floor a few doors from elevator, no issues with noise at all. We are late risers, there was one day where we left the room about 11:30 am and it was not made up when we came back about 4 pm, but that wasn't enough of an issue for us to call the desk about it, we still had enough clean towels, etc. I know we usually missed the "morning" maid routine but the other days our room was taken care of by the time we returned later in the afternoon. Hotel is a nice location because it sits between the Roadhouse and Gold Strike casinos also, very easy to walk to, gives you more choices of places to play and to eat. The Horseshoe and the Roadhouse are Harrah's Total Rewards properties and are ridiculously easy to get comps at. We play slots and table games, not big spenders at all, but our room was comped all 4 nights and when we played blackjack ($5 at Horseshoe, $3 at Roadhouse) all you have to do is request food comps from the pit boss and they take care of you very well. For example, play blackjack for about 45 min to an hour and get 2 buffets at Horseshoe or $40-$50 credit at the diner at Roadhouse. The Roadhouse Diner restaurant doesn't look like much and wasn't very crowded at all, but the food was very good. The Horseshoe buffet is fine, about average for a buffet -- though the prime rib was very good. The Gold Strike is an MGM property, you need an MLife card to get comps there....they have a nice breakfast buffet. We only played slots there two different times, had enough to get a free breakfast buffet each on our last day. Also, an easy drive to Memphis (about 30-35 min), so we toured Graceland and went to the Peabody hotel to see the duck walk and also saw Beale Street but didn't want to hang out for 3-4 hours til nightfall when it really gets jumping. We will definitely come to Tunica again and would certainly stay at the Horseshoe. We didn't come home winners but we had a fun time trying!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was my first visit to Horseshoe in Tunica. Check-in was quick and efficient. Room was so far away from the elevator that I felt like I was in another state, even though I had asked for room close to elevator, due to physical limitations. Bellman/valet parking attendant was not nice - made for a sour note to begin my stay. Room was decent and clean. Like location, as it is in a cluster of other casinos. Restaurant choices were disappointing; wish there was a soup/salad bar/sandwich cafe. Will go elsewhere (probably Hollywood) next time.

Room Tip: If you have any physical limitations, emphasize that you require a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

First time to Tunica MS. We were shocked that the casions are grouped so far away from each other in the middle of farm lands. I guess we were expecting alittle Vegas. ( Since we had just recently visited there in March). Hotel is clustered with the Roadhouse and Gold Strike conveniently snuggled between them. After driving 13 hours from San Antonio,Tx hotel staff graciously checked us in early. Our room was clean, bed was comfortable and plenty of towels in the restroom. Shower pressure and hot water were constant - no cold water in the morning when someone flushes. Only down fall of the room was the door stuck and made a loud "slam" noise when you closed it, even when you tried to be quiet at 3 am. Security and attendants were visible and courteous throughout hotel and casino. We ate at the buffet for lunch on both days and the menu did not change. Food was adequate.. However the grilled pork chop and egg drop soup were "food network" worth. Slots at the casino seemed tight but we had fun losing it. We will definitely chose this hotel again if we ever traveled this way in future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Horseshoe Casino and Hotel? Share your experiences!