“Palm tree hotel, is now what its called” 4 of 5 stars

You added Palm Tree Hotel Taylorsville to your Saves list
Palm Tree Hotel Taylorsville
212 Mayfield Street, Taylorsville, MS 39168   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Taylorsville
“Palm tree hotel, is now what its called”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is located in a very small town, I was happy to see that they had a hotel, it was even nicer once I seen the hotel and the inside. Rooms are very clean, furniture it's not very old. My only complaint would be the couches in the room, they are very well worn. Mine was broke in the center front and looked bad. It is time for them to be replaced. If you have Verizon as your cellphone provider you will not have 4G you are lucky to have 3G . Wifi at Hotel isn't terribly Bad but its not very good. But it will work for checking your email and such. Rooms are around $60 with tax. I was hoping for around $50 as some other guest had mentioned in previous reviews. From what I understand this hotel has been purchased by a new owner maybe that's the reason for rate increase. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area! Remember this is a very small town and the hotel is the best thing in the whole town. I believe this whole town is anti gun, every store in town has signs with no weapons allowed on entry ways. I ask the front desk staff about this, and this just happens to be a local ordinance along with some of the other towns around them. So if you carry a gun as I do, make sure you don't carry around here. Hope this town doesn't continue this law. Because we all know that criminals are law abiding citizens lol. I don't think this law will do them very much good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mick p, Manager at Palm Tree Hotel Taylorsville, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for your comment and sorry about you got charge more than $50 because when we have up to 80%occupancy we try to get little more that's why we charge you$60 not because new owner thanks you. We forward to see you soon.

6 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

yes it is a motel and not the ritz, but honestly I am happy with my stay. I paid about 50, the room was clean and quiet. Wifi was hit or miss, but everywhere in the town it is that way. Becareful though as if you do not use AT&T you WILL not have cell reception in the area, hence the wifi letdown.
There is a Heidle house restaurant next to the property that has workable wifi, but would not advise on eating the food.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
mickey p, Manager at Palm Tree Hotel Taylorsville, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hope to see you again in future.
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

this motel is only a few years old and the only one in town. it is next to the huddle house on the west side of town on hwy 28. your gps will send you out in the country if you use the offical street address. very clean nice sized room, well furnished, pet friendly and very friendly and helpful managers. priced very reasonable and will stop again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Decided to stay here based on the one review I could find. It is not fancy by any stretch, but the bathroom was clean and the sheets were clean. The room did not smell bad and that is always a plus with me! They do provide a microwave and small refridgerator in each room. Breakfast is minimal, several types of juice, coffee and pastries..which is great considering the low price of the room. If you want more, there is a Huddle House in the next lot! My only complaint would be that the doors of the rooms ( we stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms) don't close very well. Neither of them closed enough to lock the dead bolt and the second room had about 1/4 inch gap on top, bottom and side! There is the safety lock that keeps the door from being opened however. My concern would be more about mosquitos and other insects! We will stay again when we are in the Collins, Laurel area as the choices there are terrible! Louise, at the front desk was super nice and helpful!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lexington, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

I have stayed at the Scottish Inn in Taylorsville, MS weekly for the past two months. In the last couple of years, my business has brought me to this hotel on more than one occasion for months at a time. Recently, it has undergone a change in management. The quality of the hotel has improved drastically. The staff is extremely courteous and welcoming. The room is always spotless upon arrival. Likewise, during the stay, housekeeping does a great job. This hotel is pet friendly and has very reasonable rates. The rate cannot be matched in the nearby towns of Collins, Laurel, or Magee at similar inns or motels. The quietness of this hotel in the evenings can be attributed to its location in this small town. Not once have I had the urge to complain about noise caused by other guests.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
scottish01, Manager at Palm Tree Hotel Taylorsville, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Its always a pleasure to hear from our guests. We appreciate your feedback as is allows us to continue to improve our facilities and service. It is comforting to know that we have met and exceeded your expectations for your overnight lodging, and we want to thank you for selecting the Scottish Inns of Taylorsville, Mississippi as your temporary home-away-from-home.

Thank you again for staying with us. We welcome your comments and appreciate your business.

The Manager and Staff of the Scottish Inns of Taylorsville

Been to Palm Tree Hotel Taylorsville? Share your experiences!