“Ok steak, awful service” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 90 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
“Ok steak, awful service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for a game, and decided to give Cappe's a try. We were immediately seated, they were not overly busy. The girl who seated us took our drink order-forgetting straws and lemon for water-and said someone would take our order in a few minutes. About 15 minutes (we were ready to leave) a young girl in way too short shorts took our order-salads followed several minutes later but she forgot the dressing. Finally got that and both of us noticed bitter lettuce, but we were still ok.
After a decent amount of time she ran up and set down our steaks, and scurried up to the front cash register to visit with friends. My steak was a bloody mess and blood soaked my veggies--I had ordered medium well, my husband did not get a baked potato. After several more minutes, I managed to signal her-my steak was returned and a few minutes later brought out medium to rare, I ate it anyway, but not the bloody onions with one sprig of broccoli. Hubby finally got his potato after the steak was gone. She brought our check, offered no dessert (I was still hungry, and had seen some desserts going going out to other patrons) and left us. The price was crazy for our terrible experience. I did not see one adult supervising anywhere. Will not be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

LANE
“Starkville”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Over priced for what you get. Not much to choose from on menu. Service was terrible.
Been there 2 times gets worse every time.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Gulf Coast
“A Pretty Good Steak but the Service has gotten Terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This used to be one of our favorite places to eat when in Starkville for a ball game but the steaks were poorly cooked on our last visit. In addition, the service which was friendly and prompt has fallen off since the best servers were the mother and daughter combo and they are no longer there. Very casual atmosphere. Probably will not go back unless it improves.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Starkville, Mississippi
“"steak" house ha that's a joke”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

cappes has a great lunch optiion but one evening i decided i'd try a nice steak turns out i didnt get what i wanted i couldve cooked a better one at home

Visited May 2012
Tupelo, Mississippi
“if you're in a steak and baked potato mood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

very homey and casual...like home cooking...if you're in a classic steak and baked potato mood.