“if you're in a steak and baked potato mood” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 88 restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Tupelo, Mississippi
“if you're in a steak and baked potato mood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

very homey and casual...like home cooking...if you're in a classic steak and baked potato mood.

53% Recommend
“Great steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great steaks and usually cooked to order. Sometimes they are too rare, but one is afraid to send it back.

“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011 via mobile

After reading the review on trip advisor I was excited to try the steak. Our service was terrible. I ordered my steak rare and I got it medium well. When I sent it back I got a raw ice cold replacement. I would recommend you stay away.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Get treated like a local without making the move”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

I lived in Starkville for a year before I tried Cappe's. I had heard from professors and other locals that Cappe's was the place for a steak. Coach Mullen has them come out to cater new recruits and celebrate major wins. I was also wary after hearing it was a real no frills kinda place.
The food was awesome, large portions and eager to please. Unlike some places I've been to they will customize your salad and sides, as in my companion is taking blood thinner they made a special blend of grilled veggies for him so there wouldn't be any broccoli in it. Steaks were tender and cooked as ordered. We didn't have to wait very long either. Food and drinks were brought out at a good pace.
That said, most of their employees are young, local girls. We have dined here during lunch and had to wait because our waitress was ogling boys instead of attending to her tables. The other staff members were quick to correct her and stepped in so our overall experience was not hurt in the least. The decor is wood paneled and very rustic. If you want an upscale experience, go somewhere else. If you are more about good food at a good price then this may be your thing. http://www.campusspecial.com/mississippi-state has printable coupons for the place as well.

• Visited January 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Crappy country atmosphere, that's for sure. Crowded and dirty-feeling. The food is well worth putting up with all...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

Crappy country atmosphere, that's for sure. Crowded and dirty-feeling. The food is well worth putting up with all that, but then you'll regret the grease fest later. Save your money and go visit your mother - if you live close enough to be going to Cappe's, chances are your Southern mother can cook just as well.