“If you can't smell it from outside, it's not "real" bbq!” 1 of 5 stars

106 avenue of Patroits, Starkville, MS
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue
“If you can't smell it from outside, it's not "real" bbq!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

After trying this place twice, we gave up on it. The time we waited to place and receive our order seemed inordinate to the number of customers. The portions were small for what we paid (my husband's x-large looked the same as my reg.) Out of all the things we tried, none of it was good. As I have learned over the years, if you can't smell the BBQ smoke when you're standing in the parking lot, chances are good the bbq itself is not going be good. Will never go back and would not recommend it to anyone!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Good Memphis style BBQ in no frills dining room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is some good BBQ if you like Memphis style. Well priced, well smoked pork. Sauce is mild hot or mixed. Hot is not crazy hot but that's good, since it lets you enjoy smoke flavor. Slaw on top. Sit inside so you're cool and can watch tv, unlike outdoor eateries. I'll definitely hit this again when I'm in Town.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Starkville, Mississippi
“Disappointing Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went on a Sunday after church. Only three people working. Stood in line about 20 min to order food. Very small portions.

Visited April 2013
“A great place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I enjoyed my experience at this restaurant. The staff are friendly and proud of their food. I recommend the rib basket and the brisket. I look forward to the next time I can go their.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gray, Louisiana
“Best BBQ in Starkville.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the brisket, chopped pork, beans and slaw with ribs. Brisket was a little dry. Pork and ribs was to die for, excellent. Their BBQ sauce mild was very good. I recommend Three Little Pigs to everyone.
Owner came check on me and refilled my drink twice.
Keep up the good work guys!

• Visited April 2013