“Great Service and meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beer Garden Restaurant

The Beer Garden Restaurant
101 North Jackson Street, Starkville, MS 39759 (Formerly The Library at Hotel Chester)
662-323-5005
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 92 Restaurants in Starkville
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Grill, Fish & Chips
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Description: The Beer Garden is located in the public parking lot located off of N. Lafayette Street in dowtown Starkville.The world renowned chef, Gordon Ramsay designed and created the Beer Garden to be shown for upcoming TV show "Hotel Hell" Show Season 2, fall of 2013. Chef Gordon Ramsay's menu includes his famous Gordon Burger to the traditional English Fish & Chips. Try locally brewed craft beers and enjoy a summer breeze.Indoor landmark room also offers the same with HDTV for sports games
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Service and meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was well prepared particularly the Herculean hamburger. my daughter had . My wife's thai salad could rival any such salald anywhere. My fish and chips were good though a bit doughy, for eant of a better term The deserts are truly exceptional The ambiance is deligytful and the service by our waiters,particularly Alex, was truly exceptional. If in Starkville, this place is a "must visit". Also it is part of the Hotel Chester, which is a great place to stay in Starkville.

Visited August 2013

Olive Branch
“Ups and Downs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'll try to be as objective as I can. I love the atmosphere of the place. It is a great place to hang out with friends and chill. BUT, if it is hot, raining or the day after a rain - you wouldn't want to go there. Most of the tables are picnic table on the ground. I would have thought that they would have considered at least putting some kind of stone down in the courtyard area.
Ok, to the food: we had the chicken roboto which was grilled chicken with a sauce on it - nothing spectacular at all. To me - it was over priced -$5 for 1 chicken tender. We also got the crawfish eggrolls - incredible..!! Worth the trip just for those. Entrees - I got the Gordon Burger - I figured that if it has Gordon Ramsays name it - it had to be good.... If you want a hamburger - go to Mugshots (right around the corner). My burger was way overcooked. My wife got the fish and chips - it was good.

One other thing of interest. We had a table of 7 and they added a 20% tip to the check. I certainly don't mind paying for good service, but I didn't notice anything on the menu that stated a tip would be added to certain sized parties and I guess that I missed the memo that said that the tip had gone from 18% to 20%.

I most likely will go back and try this place again - but in my estimation - they need to pick up the pace to be a "must go" restaurant .....

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Starkville, Mississippi
“What a difference!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had not been to The Library before Gordon Ramsey paid a visit to Starkville, but oh my goodness, this place is great now. Wonderful service, interesting and tasty food, and local (from the Gulf Coast) beer on tap! The Beer Garden offers inside and outside dining but don't be afraid by sitting outside even in the middle of summer. With lots of shade trees and big fans, you'll be transported to an oasis away from the Mississippi humidity. The crawfish egg rolls are to die for!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Diamond Bar, California
“Get your drinks in a relaxed and charming setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great staff! Great beers! Beautiful surroundings! Food is excellent (they even accomodated a paleo like myself). Wine selection is good, as are the mixed drinks. Loved spending the late afternoon/early evening in a quiet place to enjoy the summertime.

Visited August 2013
Georgetown, Texas
“Breakfast !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Lovely breakfast served to order! Most excellent coffee! Love waking up knowing a great breakfast awaits me.

Visited July 2013