“My favorite hotel in Starkville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chester

You added Hotel Chester to your Saves list
Hotel Chester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 N. Jackson St., Corner of Jackson and Main, Starkville, MS 39759   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Starkville
Bradenton, Florida, United States
“My favorite hotel in Starkville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stumbled onto this hotel when we lost our reserved rooms at a well-known hotel chain. Yes, it is old but you won't find anything dirty or not working. The beds are VERY comfortable. After my first visit, I went home and ordered the same pillows for my own bed. Breakfast is cooked to order and included with your stay. The Library restaurant is intimate and a nice place to retreat in the evening for a drink or a meal. Sukie, one of the proprieters, manages the kitchen -- the menu includes Asian as well as American dishes. Haven't had a bad meal yet! We are always greeted warmly by David and Sukie and made to feel as if we are their most important customers -- which of course we can't be! If you love B&Bs, I would say this is a perfect place for you.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center or swimming pool at the facility. Wonderful outdoor seating in the back g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel was nice, room was clean, bed was very comfy, but no curtains in the room. There were blinds but the room was light all night then VERY light once the sun rose early on Sunday morning. I need some dark to sleep. I won't stay there again only because of the light.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Hotel Chester was recommended by Rick at Rick'sCafe in Starkville. What a pleasure to stay there! Bill, the owner checked us in and made sure we had everything we needed or wanted! I don't know when this man sleeps...he was there when we checked in, when we came back in at midnight, and when we checked out. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are comfortable, the staff is welcoming, and the complimentary full breakfast very good. We will only stay at the Hotel Chester if we are back in Starkville.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This is an older hotel in downtown Starkville. It is a 20 minute little over a mile walk to the campus of Mississippi State. The walk is along tree lined residential streets and is quite enjoyable. As this is an older hotel the rooms are smaller than newer properties. It is not fully accessable for those who have special needs. There is an elevator but the small rooms and some stairs for some rooms may cause issues. I found the room perfectly adequate but i was by myself. It may be tight for two people. The room was clean and well appointed. No fridge or microwave but I don't really need them. I stayed for 4 nights for business and only woke up early due to the city street cleaners outside once. It was surprisingly quiet. The breakfast is fantastic. Cooked to order eggs, waffles and/or meat. Really yummy. Plenty of parking is available on the street or in a city lot less than a block away. Parking was not an issue for me at all. Great place with helpful staff. Next time you are in town, give them a try.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Franklin, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

As parents of an incoming freshman at MSU, we stayed at Hotel Chest on Move In Day. I had read the reviews prior to scheduling and agree with the positive comments. The room was somewhat quite (we did hear the occassional alarm sound, louder than most cars), traditional decor, staff were accommodating, and convenient to most things within the town. We plan to stay here again for an upcoming football game and have already recommended to other parents.

Room Tip: View of the downtown area from our 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Covington, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Not only is the Hotel Chester a wonderful hotel to stay in; their honesty is unquestionable! We spent a night there last week and after checking out we went to breakfast. While eating, I received a call from Dave telling me that I had left a bank envelope with cash and my driver's license in it. I can't tell you, Dave, how thankful I am for that call!!!!!! A really superb place to stay! Thank you again-
Annette Pucheu

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Saratoga Springs, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

To me, a hotel stay isn't just about the cleanliness, cost, or style of a place, it's also about how comfortable you are made to feel, and how you are treated by the staff. The Hotel Chester sets the standard for me. It is clean, comfortable, nicely located, and run by a family that makes you feel as though you are very special. Kindness is the word that comes to my mind. The restaurant in the hotel is top notch - delicious dinner and so wonderfully decorated and intimate. And the custom-made complimentary breakfast was outstanding. (The chef has talent). All of this for an incredible price. I probably won't ever be back in Starkville, but if I am, you can bet I'll stay here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Chester? Share your experiences!