“great reviews from meeting attendees” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Chester
101 N. Jackson St., Corner of Jackson and Main, Starkville, MS 39759   |
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Starkville
Jackson, MS
“great reviews from meeting attendees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our group met in Starkville and we stayed at the Hotel Chester due to location. It is an older hotel and does not feature large parking areas or large lobby area, but it made up for in cleanliness, service and charm. I was in hospitality industry for years and it is ok for a property to be older, but I am the "h___" if my room is not clean. The bathrooms were immaculate, the bedding fresh and crisp. It is hard to please everyone in a group, but there were no complaints and the main comments were about the Southern hospitality f rom hotel staff and how much character the property had. Wey will surely use this charming facility. When we go back to this American owned hotel in Starkville.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want when making reservation.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I loved the way management dealt with me as a customer, always trying to give something more, the little touch that would make my stay feeling like home. I come from Canada and tried several hotels in the region and wherever I went I felt like they didnt care about the business I was bringing to them. When I stayed at Chester I immediatly felt That they were apreciating me as a guest and that they were paying attention to my needs. ie : I cannot eat eggs and toasts with wheat in it, they cared enough to ask me if they could buy some rice bread or make me some oatmeal etc. The maid are always nice and making sure you got everything you need!

• Stayed January 2011
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

We were in Starkville for a family wedding and had the pleasure of staying at this charming old hotel. I remember it from my college days and never thought I'd actually stay there! The rooms are understandably small - it's an old hotel, but have been spruced up nicely. Everything was clean, service was wonderful, and the food was delicious.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Biloxi, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

My huband & I ( Barry & Kitty Barq from Biloxi, MS) have stayed at the The Historical Hotel Chester in Starkville, MS for many years and all the home football games for Mississippi State University. We have been a guest many times and Mr Dave Mollender (the owner) has always greeted us at the hotel lobby door and to assist with your luggage, if needed.They have wonderful rooms, a great bar and resturant and they are the only hotel in that area that has full service. I feel the rooms are very cleanand pleseant and the most wonderful thing I discovered which this nicley placed in the sink area was a "La Fresh Makeup Remover Wet Wipes" I love these wipes to remove my makeup and it is great on eye makeup area too! I have traveled all of the United States, Cananda and Europe and have never had the luxury of something so nice to take my makeup off with. I am going to order some for my home.
The Hotel Chester is right down town Starkville, surrounded by walking distance resturants, night entertainment, shopping stores of all kinds and "The MSU Book Store," where all MSU items and clothes can be bought.
Remember, if you are in town for business or pleasure there is no better hotel to stay at than The Historical Hotel Chester, phone 662-323-5005.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Biloxi, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Hotel Chester exceeded my expectations! The front desk was friendly, the staff was exceptional and the food at Sushi on Main was EXCELLENT! Although the hotel is old, the rooms were very clean, the bed was comfy and the made to order breakfast was a great treat since it's also complimentary. I gave the room 4/5 because I like my room dark and it only had blinds with no blackout curtains, but I will definitely stay at Hotel Chester again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2010

On a cross-country trip, my girlfriend and I stopped off in Starkville, MS, and stayed at the Hotel Chester based on the reviews we found online. Sometime great reviews lead to inflated expectations, but we were very happy to find this hotel to be quiet, spotlessly clean, with very comfortable beds. What made it truly stand out from the other accommodations on our trip was the friendly and caring attitude of David, the owner, who made sure we had secure parking for our fully-packed car, and treated us more like guests in his own home than paying customers. ..And the hot cooked to order breakfast (included in the price) was a great bonus!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Historic Hotel Chester and had a wonderful time. The service was the best we had on our trip and we will stay there again when in the area. The food was outstanding, rooms are extra clean and great value. This place is a must stay!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Chester? Share your experiences!