“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Starkville
scott101699
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Always like to stay at this hotel. Very Clean and friendly. Breakfast s always good an fast. Only had one issue with a bar of soap from a previous guest being left behind. Probably just overlooked, because everything else was great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay in Starkville. I was so glad to see that your stay went well. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. Our guests are family and we can't wait to see them on their next trip to Starkvile.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I needed a place to stay while I was in Starkville so I did a Google search for hotels in the area and what reviews were written. Really liked the reviews for the Hilton compared to my other choices. I will have no problem reserving a room with them again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent stay in Starkville and the kind comments regarding your stay. Our goal and promise is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville.
Melber, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel. It was impressive from the moment we entered the front door....felt more like the upper priced hotels that we usually cannot afford, yet was very reasonable....cost less than hotels we have stayed in recently that weren't nearly as nice. The staff was extra friendly. The little extras do not go unnoticed! Like the 24 hour coffees and creamer near the front door. Everything about the lobby was cozy and yet spacious and beautiful. It was very cold outside, and the lobby felt and looked so warm and welcoming I was tempted to just curl up on a couch and stay for a while. We were happy to find that the in-house restaurant was still open and promptly sat down to order, since it would save us a trip to town to hunt a drive-through that might still be open on a week night. The food was delicious. When we turned in, we were not disappointed in our beautiful clean room, with the usual comfy king size Hilton bed and pillows. Like I said, the little extras go a long way, and this HGI was long on extras....we will recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Starkville. I was so pleased to see that your stay went so well. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction along with a little Southern Hospitality. I will pass your kind words on to the rest of my staff. Praise goes so far in making our staff feel that there hard work is appreciated. Happy Holidays
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was a very nice hotel.
The decor throughout the property was pleasant.
Brittany at the desk was efficient and helpful. She went above and beyond.
The lobby was very nice ... and the rooms were clean.
There was a keurig coffee maker in the room....also a fridge and microwave which all in all HGIs.
The bed was comfortable.
There was a nice tiled tub.
The a/c worked fine.
Patricia in housekeeping was also very, very nice. Five stars for the staff!
Just a few negatives:
1. The elevators were not clean. I know that it is hard to keep elevators clean, but this I really noticed.
2. It took a while to get hot water in my room. I finally came in.
3. I could not see the TV while sitting at the desk. (I like to sit at the desk in the evening to get work done and also watch TV.)
Overall a great hotel and I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent Stay in Starkville. Our staff always tries to provide that down home southern hospitality to all our guests. Our goal is always your comfort and satisfaction. We look forward to your next stay in Starkville and I will take care of the housekeeping issues. Happy Holidays from all of us in Starkville.
Starkville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hootel was clean and very comfortable. Hotel staff was very helpful and nice. The food was very good. My overall stay was very satisfying. I will definately be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your very kind words. Our entire staff works hard to make sure everyones stay in comfortable andsatisfying. That is our promise. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville. Happy Holidays from all the staff
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was in town to see the Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State game and I'm glad that I chose to stay at the Hilton.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially as I hadn't been to a Mississippi State game before and was a little unsure of how to get to the stadium etc. The hotel actually run a free shuttle to and from the game, which is great if you want to have a few beers and not have to worry about paying for a cab.

My room was large, clean and the hotel's set back from the (not busy at all) road, so you get a very peaceful night's sleep, even if your room is on the front of the building like mine was.

It was expensive but I expected that to be the case, as I booked at short notice and the hotels in Starkville are in high demand on game days. However, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who is visiting the town, particularly if it's for a game!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
It was great to meet you last week. Glad you were able to enjoy everything in Starkville. even better MSU won the Egg Bowl. Hope all is going well in England. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip over the pond.
Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Starkville MS while my Daughter attended a College Function at Mississippi State. The Staff was knowledgeable concerning the area, and our Accommodations were World Class. If there is a 'downside', Hilton does charge for Breakfast and for Dinner onsite. However, there are enough local spots within 2 miles to ward-off the need to eat Hotel Food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

John J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Starkville, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for that very kind review. Our entire staff works hard to make sure that your stay is exactly what to expect it to be, comfortable and relaxing. That is not just our goal but our promise. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Starkville. Go Dawgs

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Starkville? Share your experiences!