“Not worth the trip” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 129 Restaurants in Southaven
Southaven, MS
“Not worth the trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

Today was my first visit at this bakery. I just moved back to the area, and I have certain standards when it comes to bakeries. Upon entering the establishment, one salesperson was very rude. I was then greeted by a friendly teenager that assisted me. I purchased a single cupcake, just to check out the quality of the products. Now I'm used to my bakery in my old town, where when you walk in the smell of fresh cakes just hits you, people are always smiling, and you can get a regular size cupcake 3 times the size of the one I purchased today. This cupcake was extremely small and there was hardly any attempt to decorate it. The frosting tasted like pure sugar and the cake itself tasted like it was frozen and thawed. This small cupcake, half the size of my palm cost me $1.06, when I am used to paying $0.89 for cupcakes that are larger, decorated, and fresh. I will NEVER go back to this place!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“DON'T GO HERE - you can...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

DON'T GO HERE - you can make these cakes and cupcakes from a box at home, decorate them cuter, and they'll taste fresher - all for a much much lower price. Overpriced, pretentious, ugly, bland food. If you need something for a special occasion, you'd be better off going to the bakery at WALMART than here. Better yet, search "Icing on the Cake" on myspace and get that girl from Hernando to whip you up something fabulous.