I visit this area at least a few times a year and I recently stayed here for the first time. The hotel is brand new. The rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel is in a good area. It's close to the interstate but not right beside it so you don't get road noise. The hotel is in a very busy part of town but it's set off the main street so you don't get traffic noise. There's a big shopping center nearby, WalMart, Target and every type of restaurant you could possibly want. It is very convienent for airport travellers but there's a downside to that. I woke up early Saturday morning, about 4am, to get ready to leave. You could hear the planes as they're approaching the airport and they were pretty steady. It wasn't window shattering noise but if you're a light sleeper, it may bother you. I live near a major airport so it didn't bother me. There was only one thing that did bother me. I did not have a bathtub in the room, only a shower stall. The shower stall was very large but only had a tiny shelf meant to put a bar of soap on and nothing else. I would have liked to take a nice hot bath after checking in. I went down to the front desk and asked if they had rooms with bathtubs and if I could switch. They do have rooms with bathtubs but they didn't have a clean one available, which I thought was odd since it was almost 5pm. Since I was only staying one night it wasn't a big deal. Other than that, I thought it was a great place to stay and would stay again if I could get a room with a bathtub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The property is just minutes off I-55 at exit 289. Located just one block off of Goodman Road in one of the most thriving areas of Southaven. We are just 15 minutes from downtown Memphis for all the area attractions or the Memphis International Airport. Quiet location with clean comfortable accommodations. All rooms have a microwave, refrigerator, coffee service, HD TV and complimentary internet service that are fast and reliable. We have a restaurant and lounge on site, indoor pool, two outdoor patios, and lots of parking. No fees for parking. Parking lot can accommodate large vehicles. Our friendly staff is waiting to greet you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Southaven - Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Southaven - Central Hotel Southaven
- Southaven Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Memphis Southaven