“Best Hilton Garden with amazing rooms and fantastic service!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Graceland Package!
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Southaven
“Best Hilton Garden with amazing rooms and fantastic service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

First off, use the directions from the hotel website. Google sent us off in a strange direction in trying to get there. Thankfully, the front desk staff was extremely helpful when I called, repeating directions several times and was very patient with a frazzled guest. Warm cookies were available upon arrival, the staff was sweet and welcoming, and they changed our room assignment so that we could see our vehicle even though there are cameras everywhere in the parking lot. The area seemed very safe and we were told that the police who patrolled the mall type area that the hotel is situated behind actually used the hotel as their pit stop during the shifts. The workout room is quite nice, as is the other guest facilities and the lobby area. There are many different restuarants in the area and when we asked for recommendations, the complimentary shuttle service was offered to us as a ride to and from the restuarant of our choice. We were very, very pleased with our stay here and highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I sent my mother and teen daughter on a surprise trip to see Graceland. This is a once in a lifetime trip for my mother who is a huge Elvis fan. I chose this hotel solely based on recommendations from TripAdvisor. The complimentary shuttle was convenient since they weren't renting a vehicle. The shuttle also took them around the mall area which was wonderful since my mother has trouble walking for long distances. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet and relaxing. All the staff were very welcoming. It made my mother and daughter feel comfortable-especially since they were 700 miles away from home! The only "problem" was the hot tub which was not working during their stay. Thank you to TripAdvisor for all the reviews which affirmed my decision for choosing this hotel. A final thanks to the hotel staff for doing a great job.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I chose to stay here instead of at hotels closer to the airport and was pleased with the choice. This is a newer property, just off I-55 and nestled behind a retail area. Several restaurants are within a short walk across the shopping complex. The room was very quiet and included a wired Internet connection in addition to Wi Fi, both free. I connected to each quickly and easily. The flat screen TV offered several channels in HD. The room also included a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. I did not sample the on site restaurant for either dinner or breakfast but did take advantage of the 24 hour pantry for beverages and snack items. The free shuttle to the airport runs every hour in the morning, on the half hour. It left on schedule and dropped me off at the airport in 15 minutes. I have stayed at properties closer to the Memphis airport, but would recommend this hotel instead due to its newness and proximity to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

This hotel is great! Its clean, comfortable and the service was amazing. It is also a very well built hotel. The rooms are quiet and so is the air conditioning. The bed was so comfortable. As a hotel owner myself, I can tell you that this hotel has everything nailed down to provide a great guest expirience. The only negative comment I have is that the breakfast could be a little better. I think they used pancake mix to make the waffles which resulted in a very doughy and thick waffle (not fluffy at all). Other than that - I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
DFW Metro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

This hotel is out of sight, off the road and behind retail, but very quiet, comfortable, clean and a good value. Several good restaurants and shopping surround the hotel. The city of Southaven is clean, friendly, and refreshing. Great cooked to order breakfast.

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I'm a big fan of the Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) chain and stay there when I can. This hotel in Southaven, outside Memphis, is brand new. It's right off I-59 and very convenient to the airport and downtown Memphis, which is 15 minutes away.

I stayed here for one night. The room was excellent and the bed very comfortable, as usual. I slept well. I-55 was ~ 100 yards from my window and yet I heard no traffic noise even when the ventilation fan was off.

I'm not sure this is the best value in the area, however, despite what Trip Advisor says, because breakfast isn't included in the rate (at least not the rate I had.)

As in the other HGI hotels the gym and pool are very good. I tried to use the business center, however, to print out my boarding passes, and had lots of trouble. The PCs are older models and were slow. And the night clerk around 11:30 had no clue how to get either of the machines rebooted completely. They started to boot up but then hung up. After waiting five minutes I packed it in and went to bed. When I came down in the morning the machines were rebooted and apparently working. However, the first machine locked up on me and I had to use the second one, which finally worked. That's much too much effort to do something simple in the business center.

On a positive note, although the night clerk wasn't too friendly, the counter staff when I checked in around 7:30 and out the next morning were friendly, efficient and completely pleasant possessing that lovely Mississippi charm. My days improved just by talking to them and being on the receiving end of their graciousness and smiles.

Despite the hangup using the business center, the surroundings were comfortable and well-appointed, the room was dead quiet, and the bed luxurious, as I'm accustomed to at HGI properties. A little trouble around the edges but generally no other complaints.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

The staff here was great and very outgoing. Always used my name to make sure everything was okay. When an issue arrived, they did not stop until the situation was resolved. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, MS? Share your experiences!