“Nice hotel for a quick overnight stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Southaven
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice hotel for a quick overnight stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We checked in late in the evening. Hotel is around lots of shopping and restaurants. Room was clean. Bed was not the most comfortable though. I think it was just my bed though because the other bed felt pretty good. Mine sunk in the middle and we kept rolling to the center. My family consisted of husband and two daughters. The parking was the worst. The parking was on the ends of the building, none in the center and of course the elevator was in the center of the building. We asked for a high floor which was honored. Overall the room was clean and close to the highway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, MS, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review and your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing the bed to my attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our property. We are currently investigating the problem and are looking into replacing the bed. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Southaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Southaven, MS area. It is right next to the shopping center and all the restaurants. It is right off the interstate. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was cook to order and to die for. The morning cook was incredible, which I got to meet personally. I think anyone would be happy to stay here. It was also very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michelle M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, MS, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let our Chef, Tracy Goodman, know that she helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Metropolis, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice clean hotel! The lobby and dining area was very pretty, the room had nice white linens. I just didn't sleep well because the mattress was uncomfortable (too hard). We purchased the bed and breakfast option. The server brings you a small menu and you choose the food you want (as much as you want), and it all tasted good to us.

Room Tip: We had our teenage son with us, so we choose the room with 2 queen beds. Plenty of room for the 3 o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Katherine C, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, MS, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is our pleasure to offer our guest a beautiful and safe home away from home.
Central Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've stayed at the Garden Inn a few times in Southaven, MS. It's clean, the cooked to order breakfast was good, the location is very convenient to shoppes and restaurants and only a short 15 min ride from the airport.

The Gym is decent, the indoor pool and jacuzzi is nice after a long days work and the staff were always helpful whenever needed.

I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Flora, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a wonderful Hilton Garden Inn. The lobby, room and halls are clean and nice looking. The lobby is a wonderful place to hang out and relax. The folks are the front desk are helpful and friendly. The breakfast is hot and fresh. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms on the shopping center side are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michelle M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, MS, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for letting me know of your stay, it means alot that you took the time. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Ames
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were part of a large group that was staying at the hotel. Our room was fine. Not overly impressive but had good features. The beds were decent. Pillows were not comfortable. Bedding felt dirty - I don't care for quilt like comforters, felt old to me.

The front desk staff was very friendly! Gave us good recommendations of where to go locally for things. The shuttle service was a great amenity.

The worst part was breakfast each morning. The first night we stayed we got down to breakfast with about 40 minutes left of service time, the buffet section was picked over and never replenished. They took our order and it still had not arrived 45 minutes later. Our group was leaving so we ended up having to cancel our order because we could not wait anymore. The lobby was fairly full but no excuse for having to wait that long. The next morning we decided we should go down to breakfast early so we could make sure we could actually eat. Apparently everyone else had the same idea and we had to stand and wait for an available table. Finally we got seated and waited for about 15 mins. for someone to take our order. Same problem as yesterday we waited nearly 1h30 mins for our food!!! Ridiculous. I could have taken the shuttle and gone out to eat somewhere locally before my hotel would feed me. Breakfast is a major amenity to me. I find it surprising that when your hotel is half full (which had been pre-booked for months) you do not have the staff to accommodate serving a timely breakfast. I would even be willing to wait for 30 minutes, but anything over that I would go elsewhere. The food was of restaurant quality once I finally got to eat some of it.

I expected more staying with the Hilton brand. I will seriously consider my choice next time it includes a Hilton hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms either face an ugly creek with the interstate or of a parking lot of a mall.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michelle M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, MS, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our hotel staff to be friendly as well as finding you room to have good features. However, I understand that you had a disappointing experience during breakfast. I am so sorry that you did not receive an efficient and cordial service and that we took such a long time in serving you. Your satisfaction is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and will definitely keep your comments in mind.

Marks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Everything about this Hotel was just GOOD
The food was good and not over priced
The service was good and not over barring
I was going to the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis and the location was good
The was no traffic
I just had a very good experience

Room Tip: One with a better view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It is always good to know our guest are having great experiences at our hotel. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Memphis Southaven, MS? Share your experiences!