“Room 114 has bed bugs” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Southaven

You added Super 8 Southaven to your Saves list
Super 8 Southaven
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8734 Hamilton Road, Southaven, MS 38671 (Formerly Americas Best Value)   |
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Southaven
St. Louis
“Room 114 has bed bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

We were in Memphis for a basketball tournament and this motel was the only motel with rooms. The rooms are fulthy, the room I was in my son was sleeping and I saw a bug on his pillow so I knocked it off then lifted the sheet that was on him and saw a bed bug crawling next to his leg. I caught the bug and put it in a towal and showed the night employee. She was disgusted and called the manager Patel, he said to put me in another room and he wanted to see the bed bug when he come in the next day. The next day I showed him and he basically called me a lier saying their motel does not have bed bugs and if they did they wouldn't have guest. I said, thats because the guest didn't know about the previous guests and like the previous guest I would not be back. He said he searched the room top to bottom and did not find any bed bugs. One of the parents said to him did he know they hide, he said yes. He did not care. I reported him to the corporate office, BBB and currently trying to locate Memphis health department to get this motel inspected. This motel is nasty, dirty and has bed bugs.

• Stayed March 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dresden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

I have stayed in Super 8 all over the country. This one had the following problems: broken pool, water in shower was cold, the lobby is locked in the early hours, tub did not drain properly.
The front desk staff were friendly and did their best but ownership is the problem. I would avoid this place. Room rates were high compared to a different Super 8 nearby.

• Liked — Never going back.
  • Disliked — Cold water, slow tub drain, locked lobby
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bowling Green, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2007

I knew it was bad from the beginning! The hotel clerk tried to charge me a more expensive rate than what I had reserved with their own website! He stated that I did not say I had children on the web rate. I handed him my computer print out of 2 adults and 2 children and then he tried to say it was a computer problem. The room was fair, the bathroom filthy and hairy. The breakfast was a joke. We stayed two nights and the second day, the breaker had cut off the whole breakfast area, so there was no juice, or cold milk, or any electricity over there. They did not try to fix this so we just left. Then we found on our credit card that they had charged us two times for the same two night stay. I would NOT recommend this hotel at all. If you do stay there because it is cheap, be careful and watch your bills and what you sign to make sure it is what you bargained for.

• Liked — Closeness to the town
  • Disliked — The shady hotel employees
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Edwardsville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

This was the dirtiest hotels I have ever stayed at. The first room we were put in had so many stains and cigarette burns in the fitted sheet I swore it was dirty and not laundered. I told the desk clerk we were not happy and not staying in that room. She led me to a second story room that was similiar. The room was extremely hot, the ice maker was not working on the floor and that room was filthy also. I requested my money back, but they stated that since I had made a phone reservation they could not(would not) refund me my money. They offered me a suite in lieu of the standard room. We checked it out and it was only slightly better then the first room, but took it since I could not get a refund. I will never stay at this hotel or this chain again. I wasn't able to get photos of the first room, but here is photos from the dirty "suite".

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2007

This hotel was great I loved it. Hotels around were great but this was just a little bit better and was cheaper. The serivce was great i loved how they gave me directions that were right for a change. Also the pool was nice and was not dirty also for a change. I will most definatly go back again when im in the area

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Antioch, Tn.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

I stayed at a terrible hotel that didn't have any hot water. I had to leave at 1 am to try to find another hotel. I contacted a property and they told me that they had a room for a reasonable price. When I actually got to the hotel they didn't have any non-smoking rooms like they promised.

I noticed the America's Best Value Inn located near the hotel. The rates were 89.99 a night but the clerk gave me the rate of 69.99 a night. It was a handicap room but it was ok. The room was clean, it had a fridge, and the hotel had a continental breakfast in the mornings. The rates are probably lower on a regular basis, but seeing how it was Southern Heritage Classic weekend, all the rooms were expenseive or booked so I was glad I found this hotel!

The bed was a nice size but the pillows were a little small. The sheets looked a little dingy, but appeared clean. This was probably my only complaint about the hotel.

• Liked — They were reasonably priced.
  • Disliked — The pillows were so small!
  • Tips/Secrets — Pack a pillow! If you are just looking for an average hotel that's clean this will be a great choice!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2005

This hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. The rooms looked new and were clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Super 8 Southaven? Share your experiences!