“Great location. Overpriced. Adequate for 1 night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adelaide Airport Motel

You added Adelaide Airport Motel to your Saves list
Adelaide Airport Motel
406 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Brooklyn Park, West Torrens, South Australia, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklyn Park
BRISBANE
“Great location. Overpriced. Adequate for 1 night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great loaction. You can drop your bags at the motel, take your hiore car back to the car rental and then walk (5 minutes) back to the hotel. The rooms need renovating and a really good clean. The restuarant is overpriced but you can walk 2 minutes to IKEA or 5 minutes to the airport terminal. Shuttle bus is $3 per person (start at 4.30am). Great location and fine for one night before a very early monring flight

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Naracoorte, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night as we had a 6.30 am flight out but that was enough.
The pillows smelt. The fridge made so much noise we had to turn it off. We could hear everyone's air conditioners running all night so we didn't get a very restful sleep.
Apart from that it was convenient for the airport and the bus driver was helpful with our luggage.
I think the owners have recently bought this motel so maybe there will some changes but once bitten twice shy . Maybe we will take a later flight next time and stay a bit further away from the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Brooklyn Park hotels

Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was a great find for our family of 5. We landed in Adelaide and needed a bed just for the night before picking up our Campervan in the morning. Great price, clean and tidy (if a bit old fashioned) We had a double room with an adjoining bedroom with 3 single beds! Good nights sleep and onwards..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Wareham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I've had three overnight stays her with my wife, and I simply don't recognise the place from some of the other severe criticism on this site.

On my first visit we were collected from the airport by the owner. She apologised for taking a time to book us in, but explained that she was switching us (unasked) to a ground floor room as she'd noticed that I have difficulty walking. Prior to this they'd been happy to store our unwanted luggage for several days while we went to Kangaroo Island. On this visit I watched the staff very patiently explaining to some people without a booking that as it was the Clipsal 500 weekend and the Adelaide Festival Fringe was in full swing, they were unlikey to find accomomdation anywhere.

The place is simple but nice. The rooms are starting to show their age, but are clean and comfortable, and have everything you need although internet access is expensive. True it doesn't have state of the art 100 channel TVs, but it's not pretending to be The Hilton, and as most guests seem to be flying in or out they've probably got better things to do. The staff are as helpful as we’ve found anywhere.

The restaurant is simply furnished, but does have some armchairs if you just want to slump with a drink. The menu is simple, but everything is cooked well - again the staff were helpful and stopped us wasting money by over-ordering. The simple breakfast dishes like scrambled and poached eggs were good - annoying how often ‘superior’ hotels manage to get these wrong.

You may get disturbed by guests arriving late or leaving early, but then this is just what it says - an airport motel - it’s a couple minutes by car or their shuttle from the main building, but at the moment (March 2012) your satnav (GPS) may be confused by the new road layout and airport building work.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I recently stayed at the Adelaide Airport Motel and couldn't fault it.
Upon entering the motel i was greeted warmly and the lady that served me couldn't have been nicer. I was very surprised to walk into my room and see a corner spa (who doesn't like a free room upgrade). The room was clean and surprisingly quiet for being with in walking distance to the airport. The restaurant was nice and again had great and prompt service by the young lass serving. The meal was delicious and really quite good and cheap for being "motel" food. I was able to leave my car for a week and get free airport transfers, again, who doesn't like freebies. I will definitely recommend and stay at this motel again. I had such a great stay its hard to believe that the comments made below are true.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

What to say about the Airport Motel?
Pro's
Good location to the Airport - easy 5 minute walk even with hand luggage or one piece of luggage with wheels. I walked to the motel and caught the shuttle back to the airport at 5:30 am in the morning, driver left on the dot at the arranged time.
Room was surprisingly quiet even though next to main road - not a lot of traffic during the night.
Wifi for $15 for three hours, thrown in for free due to the patchy signal, sometimes strong some times non existent.
Room was clean.
Very hot night in Adelaide and the air conditioner worked fine.

Con's
Bed and pillow extremely uncomfortable not conducive to sleep.
For water I had to use the plastic cups in the fridge to get water from the bathroom sink, not enough space in the sink to put my water bottle underneath. Even though I rinsed the plastic cup a number of times before using it, it gave the water a funny taste that made me sick - it was a night in Adelaide that you needed water. Note: Bring your own drinking water.
Restaurant (if you can call it that). I was the first person in the restaurant for the night and had to wait about 15 minutes while the waitress when around do her own thing and generally pretending I wasn't there. Food was inedible. I had to leave my table and go and seek out the waitress, after waiting another 20 minutes, to get a cup of coffee. Note: Walk back to the airport to get something to eat - and we all know how good airport food is.

Summary:
Between being sick from the water and the uncomfortable bed I didn't get a wink of sleep. My advice would be to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Hobart, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed here to break our trip home. When booking requested a smoking room; booking confirmation confirmed this. After booking in we were told we could smoke in the quadrangle; this is the car park. The fridge had three legs and just about fell over when you opened the door. Plastic cups and wine glasses. TV the size of a postage stamp. No extra pillows. No lift; you have to carry your cases upstairs as signs forbid you pulling them up.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Adelaide Airport Motel? Share your experiences!