“NOT ALL HOLIDAY INNS ARE THE SAME” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6485 Frontage Rd., Ridgeland, MS 39157 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Navarre, Florida, United States
“NOT ALL HOLIDAY INNS ARE THE SAME”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is our second and last stay at this motel. We stayed last pm and were disappointed. It looks nice and new from the road and the lobby is appeared nice. But the one working elevator, the dirty carpet in the hallways and room, the nonworking microwave, and the plugged toilet when we got to the room was enough to convince us to stay elsewhere next time. We were too tired to complain about the plugged toilet the night we checked in, but in the morning I walked down to the lobby and asked to have our room's toilet repaired. When nothing happened, my wife called the lobby twice and only after telling them, "this is the last time we will stay here" help came to the room and repaired the toilet .....about 2 hours after I asked for help in person in the lobby. The door to the room had a huge cut around the lock suggesting someone had tried to cut into the door at one time. Look at the dirty carpet in the hallway and room was really annoying and we will not be back. The staff is very nice and the lobby area is attractive. But when you spend most of your time in the room..........you have to wonder why not do better job cleaning the rooms and hallways?????????

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
I would like to sincerely apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. We appreicate your comments as they are valuable to us, for our continuous improvement. I have addressed your concerns with our Maintenance Department to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. When you back in our area, I would like to invite you to our hotel to experience our "Warm Southern Hospitality.

Thanking you again for your feedback

Sandra B Pryer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lee's Summit, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Checked in for a business stay. The room was dirty and wet. Bathroom sink leaked onto the floor. Desk chair was broken. I'm pretty sure if I pushed the a/c unit, it would have fallen out. I was able to see outside, around the a/c unit. A used water bottle was behind one of the beds. One of my co-workers swears that fleas were in her room. The hotel had some problems with water running down the walls. They were trying to fix the problems but there were just too many. This hotel needs a major overhaul done, starting with some of the staff. Some of the staff were rude.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are quiet. The walls are paper thin and the hotel sits next to an active railroad...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
First of all, let me say thank you for staying with us and completing a review for us on tripadvisor.com

We feel like we have a great location - close to restaurants, shopping and a short distance from the main freeway.

We do our best to take care of our guests and sometimes things out of our control happen. I have personally taken the necessary steps to inform the appropiate departments of the problems raised.

The necessary action has been taken to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future.

Once again we do appreciate your much valuable feedback
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here recently on my drive of the Natchez Trace Pkwy-we drove a long way and were looking for something close. Check in was easy. Room walls and ceiling are a bit thin (I don't get why companies can't invest in soundproofing-they'll make their money back). Breakfast was decent-the usual egg patty, biscuit, etc. What was weird was we were missing soap, shampoo, and coffee filter hadn't been cleaned. It felt like someone had been there and then maybe went to another room. We had a suite and I didn't notice any traffic noises. Good for one night when you're tired of driving.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

When arriving at the hotel the lobby smelled like a dirty old sock, so we thought it will be ok in the room. The smell could be from outside or someone that had check in before us. Well we were wrong, the room was even worsts. The carpet, wall and furniture was very dirty at least the sheet on the bed looked clean.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hyatt about 2 miles North....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Roger S,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. I appreciate the compliments on our clean linens. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the overall cleanliness of the room and unusual smell in the lobby. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope you will consider us again when you visit the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care
Norcross, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I attended this hotel on JUly 27th weekend along with my family reunion members. The parking lot was roped off due to cracked pavement, the waffle maker was broke on the first morning, my parents room had bed bugs, the toilet in their room and several others needed a plunger just to flush properly, there was water on the bathroom floor of another family member upon entering, the front desk assistance was ineffective when my parents called down to report the bed bugs. they had to go down to the desk. The person at the desk explained that "this is the south and you will have bugs." only one elevator was working. In reviews listed, others have had these same issues, so nothing has been resolved. Its not clean, it's old and should be renovated immediately. I will be calling the health department and the chamber since the manger is still MIA. Terrible and WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

Room Tip: expect bugs, old furniture and plumbing issues.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear felicia j,

Thank you for leaving a review and choosing our hotel to host your reunion. I am sorry to hear your group was disappointed. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and cleanliness.

Since there were many people in your group and we would like to discuss their concerns individually. Please ask the guests in your party that did have a concern to personally contact our Customer Care team at 800.621.0555. Thank you.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Upon checking into this hotel the other night, I had some issues with the room's cleanliness. I shared my issues with the hotel manager, who was at the front desk. She took care of the issues and threw in a few "extras" for my troubles.

After having the initial problems resolved, the room is standard Holiday Inn Express quality. The furniture is showing some age, but I see this as no big issue.

I give this hotel a 3 simply because of the age and the wear evident in the furnishings. Otherwise, there is definitely nothing wrong with this hotel. I would stay again at this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2012

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, our customer comments are the best way to improve our overall guest satisfaction. Here at The Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Ridgeland, MS we do strive to be the best, and to take care of guests issues within a timely manner. So, that our guests can have a great experience.

Once again thanks for your valuable feedback.

I
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here two nights May 30th to June 1st.
This hotel is located in a strange location. If you use Mapquest, Google, Bing, etc you will end up in the wrong location. The Holiday Inn Website is even incorrect. If you stay her enter the Drury Inn address which is just next door.

My room was clean. The bed and couch in my King room was comfortable. The bath tub looked dated, but was clean.

The front desk staff was very nice and positive.

Breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

For your positive feedback, we're diligently working with Google to correct our map. We do strive to be the best in customer satisfaction with our southern hospitality.

Once again we thank you for your feedback

Sandra B Pryer

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area? Share your experiences!