“A Few Problems at Check-In, but Quickly Resolved” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area

You added Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6485 Frontage Rd., Ridgeland, MS 39157 (Formerly Comfort Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Little Rock, Arkansas
“A Few Problems at Check-In, but Quickly Resolved”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Upon checking into this hotel the other night, I had some issues with the room's cleanliness. I shared my issues with the hotel manager, who was at the front desk. She took care of the issues and threw in a few "extras" for my troubles.

After having the initial problems resolved, the room is standard Holiday Inn Express quality. The furniture is showing some age, but I see this as no big issue.

I give this hotel a 3 simply because of the age and the wear evident in the furnishings. Otherwise, there is definitely nothing wrong with this hotel. I would stay again at this Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, July 15, 2012

We sincerely appreciate your feedback, our customer comments are the best way to improve our overall guest satisfaction. Here at The Holiday Inn Express and Suites, Ridgeland, MS we do strive to be the best, and to take care of guests issues within a timely manner. So, that our guests can have a great experience.

Once again thanks for your valuable feedback.

I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Stayed here two nights May 30th to June 1st.
This hotel is located in a strange location. If you use Mapquest, Google, Bing, etc you will end up in the wrong location. The Holiday Inn Website is even incorrect. If you stay her enter the Drury Inn address which is just next door.

My room was clean. The bed and couch in my King room was comfortable. The bath tub looked dated, but was clean.

The front desk staff was very nice and positive.

Breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

For your positive feedback, we're diligently working with Google to correct our map. We do strive to be the best in customer satisfaction with our southern hospitality.

Once again we thank you for your feedback

Daphne, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel frequently over the past 12 months the most recent trip being May 2012.
The rooms are always clean, beds very comfortable, internet working etc but the highlight is the front desk staff who greet me by name each time I return.
Even though I spend over 150 nights a year in hotels I have never written a review but this hotel is a gem and once you discover it you will not stay anywhere else in the Jackson/Ridgeland, MS area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

On behalf of the staff and management we would like to thank you for this very positive feedback. We do consider our staff as GEMS, that is what makes us a Winning Team. Together we strive to be the best so that we're deserving of nice compliments like from yourself.

Once again on behalf of the staff and management, Thank You

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

From first look, the lobby, breakfast area, etc., all look good, but once we got into the hotel, used the one working elevator and got into our room, you could really tell that it needs to be cleaned.

Our room was decent, but it definitely left you with the feeling that it needed a really deep cleaning. The front desk & breakfast staff were excellent and the room price was decent, I just was looking for a little more.

It was very convenient to restaurants and the water pressure in the shower was good, even on the 4th floor. I did have a few little creepy crawlers in the bathroom though. However the mattresses were clean as I always pull up the sheets to look.

I'm not sure we would stay again simply because there are other hotels in the area to choose from. However, if they did a deep cleaning and fixed the 2nd elevator, it would be better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed here one night on the way to New Orleans. The first room we were assigned was dirty-crumbs and other debris were on the carpet; hair in bathroom and stains in toilet. We called down to the front desk and we were changed to a new room asap in a friendly, apologetic manner. When I got to the other room, I realized that it must be an issue of a broken vacuum cleaner because the floor was just as dirty. Also, the carpet next to the bed along with the side table had a sticky residue of some kind of beverage. This hotel is very 'used' and dirty but the staff is great. Noise from the expressway is also a factor as well as the in-room refrigerator.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, March 30, 2012

I would like to sincerely apologize for your less than satisfactory stay here at our location.We do thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your more recent stay. I have read and addressed your concerns with our staff. I apologize for the cleanliness and noise issues that you experienced during your time here with us.

You invaluable feedback allows us to constantly improve our level of service and is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you again for your feeback.

Crestwood, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed one night at this motel while traveling to New Orleans. The unit was very clean, and the staff was friendly and professional. With a little TLC, this could be a four dot instead of a three dot review. The dust ruffle on the bed was torn; the desk chair back support was broken; one table leg was loose; and several drawer knobs were loose. All of this could have been fixed easily.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, February 22, 2012

I would like to sincerely apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. We appreicate your comments as they are valuable to us, for our continuous improvement. I have addressed your concerns with our Maintenance Department to ensure this doesn't happen in the future. When you back in our area, I would like to invite you to our hotel to experience our "Warm Southern Hospitality.

Thanking you again for your feedback

Sandra Pryer
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Inexpensive hotel with wonderful customer service, but I wouldn't stay there again. The wireless internet connection was terrible, and troubleshooting advice from staff did not resolve the problem. The "business center" is located in the lobby, and the printer did not work. Traffic, trains, and thin walls made sleeping difficult. Strange odors pervaded the hallways and stairwells, though the room was clean and odor-free.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sandra P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area, responded to this review, January 17, 2012

For your valuable feedback from your recent stay at our hotel, our customer comments are the best way for us to continue to improve our guest experience. I have contacted our Internet Support Company and they're in the process of upgrading our network to ensure that were providing the highest level of service,we have also checked the printer to ensure that it's working properly. I have also spoken with my housekeeping supervisor to ensure we have a pleasant aroma when entering our hotel. We do realize that we have obstacles such as the train tracks and the interstate, so please stop by the front desk desk and ask for a complimentary pair of earplugs.

Once again Thanks for your response.

Sandra B Pryer

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ridgeland - Jackson North Area? Share your experiences!