“Very Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Saint Louis, MO
“Very Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

No problems with the room (other than the toilet paper roller ready to fall out of the drywall -- room 400 if anyone from the hotel is listening). Also, the hotel, at least our room, is in dire need of some new TV remotes. Even the hotel had to put instructions taped to the remote for the guests to figure out ("Press INFO and POWER to Turn TV On"). Come on!

The ladies behind the front desk counter were all friendly. The lady who made the complimentary breakfast for everyone in the morning is all smiles and was happy to take people's dishes. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Visited this property while in Jackson Mississippi for a family reunion. Check In was effortless and easy, the hotel looked relatively new but had a strange odor in the main hallway. The HOT breakfast buffett was typical micro wave fare with a waffle maker and "boiled" eggs as support.

The room was small for a suite but clean and smelled fresh. All in all this was a good stay for a night, just glad I didn't have to make this an extended stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

When I tried to check in, I had to wait about 4-5 minutes while the 3 members of the staff finished their laughing, etc., in the back room. Two of the the three were exiting/leaving and indicated "someone will be with you"...Clearly, I was not the priority...their departure was the priority. Interesting enough, later that evening I tried to get a key re-keyed that would not work and sure enough...I had to roust the staff from the back room. I guess they didn't get the memo that the customer is out front...Very unfortunate. The rooms were ok, but I was turned off with worn-out furniture sitting out back. There was also garbage bags, full of garbage, just sitting out back...next to the furniture that was being rained on. Naturally, cats/animals during the night had torn open the sacks and helped themselves to the chicken bones, etc. It is clear to me that the staff believe it is ok to dump large sacks of garbage in the rear instead of putting the garbage where it belongs...in the dumpster that was 30 feet away...oh...did I mention there was another couch sitting behind the dumpster...being rained on. It's clear to me that this Residence Inn is not being managed well and the employees do those things that are comfortable for them...but not for the good of the property. I would steer clear of this poorly run facility.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
stephanie w, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
I genuinely appreciate your feedback and want to extend my sincere apology to you - our guest are top priority and so sorry that we failed you upon arrival. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can make sure that this does not happen again. The Residence Inn is in the process of replacing furniture in our suites and the couch and chair were placed outside while new ones were brought in, we had a scheduled pick up for the furniture, which required it to be out back overnight. If your travel ever brings you back to this area - I would love another opportunity to win your trust back - again I sincerely apologize.
Laurel, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We almost always stay at a Residence Inn when traveling. This met one completely met our expectations. We only had two issues. The first being that we did not have a remote for the bedroom. I had to ask for it 3 different time before finally receiving one. My son wanted to hook up his 'XBox' to the television, but I was told by the front desk that we needed a 'master remote'. I asked how did I go about getting one and was informed that maintenance had it and I would have to get it from them myself. (I still don't get that one)

Those issues aside, I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback - we genuinely appreciate you letting us know about the remote - please know that this not the norm and so sorry that the remote was not in your suite and you had to be inconvenienced - one should have been delivered to your suite. We take it personal when you stay with us and want you to know that you are always welcome! Please contact me when your travel brings you back to the Jackson/Ridgeland, MS area - I would love to meet you.
Plaquemine, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a suite with 2 bedrooms, 1 king, 1 queen, living area and fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms and 3 flat screened TVs. No need to have all restaurant meals, great full breakfast in the morning and we all felt right at home. Front desk staff could not have been more helpful also.

Room Tip: A little noisy at night facing the front because of basketball court, BBQ and pool so maybe a room f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback for the Residence Inn by Marriott - we genuinely appreciate you staying with us - You are always welcome and we would love for you to stay with us again if your travel brings you back to this area!!! Have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing you soon.
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have never received anything but the finest service at this hotel. I travel for business and am usually in this hotel at least once every month. You cannot beat the staff for making sure that you are comfortable and have everything you could possibly need for your stay. This hotel is always my 1st choice when staying in this area!!! Kudos to the Residence Inn for a top-notch establishment!!!

Room Tip: The rooms that have a fireplace are especially nice. They are in limited supply but are certainly e...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I normally stay in the Pearl/Flowood area, however on this trip I needed to stay closer to Madison/Ridgeland. I had never stayed here before, but always do like the Residence Inn's and Homewood Suites when I can afford them.

The staff was SUPER friendly and nice. Made me feel very welcome and appreciated. The rooms were very spacious and clean. It was your typical Suite based hotel with living room/kitchen area and then bedroom. Internet was really great while I was there too. That's important.

Just a couple negatives that I would mention. 1) The breakfast was not very good while I was there. The eggs looked great, but were warm at best. The waffle machine was absent, but there was a space for one so maybe it was just out of order at the time. Then there were your standards, fruit, yogurt, bagels, toast. Also had grits, sausage, potato cakes and these little ham/egg English muffins. My coworker said these ham muffins were ok, basically tasted frozen then microwaved. Every place has bad days, so I wouldn't let this truly impact your decision.

2) The shower rod was one of those curved rods and they had installed it backwards in my opinion as the curved part bowed into the shower thereby making the shower smaller and the bathroom bigger in appearance. I think it was just my room that was like that b/c my coworkers was installed the other way he said. That just really bugged me though as my shower felt small and cramped.

3) And finally, the soft water. This is a common thing in Jackson and not Residence Inn's fault. I've not determined where the line is between what parts of town have this problem and which parts don't. Soft water is a huge annoyance for me, I feel like I can never get the soap off my body.

Negatives aside, I loved this hotel and I will most likely stay here again. I will though continue my search for a nice hotel that doesn't have the soft water issue in Jackson.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!