“Friendly welcoming staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Vacaville, California
“Friendly welcoming staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We have now stayed at this Residence twice for a week at a time. The staff in the hotel is always friendly, welcoming and helpful. We are greeted daily by staff and asked how are stay is going and if they can do anything for us. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. I like the proximity of the hotel to restaurants, shopping and easy access to I55. When visiting our son in the area we will always return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this property several times for leisure and for business. The facility is newer and has the usual ResInn amenities. We have always felt safe and like to be in proximity to restaurants and shopping. This trip was made even better by the attentiveness of Ms. Linda at the front desk. She greeted us warmly and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. She always had a ready smile for our children and answered every question or request we had. I wish all properties had similar staff that truly care about service!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the sports courts and pool are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I'll get whats good out of the way here. Newer lobby, rooms clean and well stocked, everything in the kitchen working and not dinged up. Grounds are well kept. Property is far enough off of I-55 that it wont keep you awake.

Now the NOT

When you have a problem at any hotel the solution better be the same from one staff member to the next. now things change, so maybe that solution changes once. I had a problem and between checkin @8pm and checkout @8am, the solution changed 3 times and ended with a manager telling me it was because of me. Funny thing was the night auditor had told me one hour before that they just didn't know how to make it work. So someone was a lying.

A refreshed hotel should have a staff with pride. The associate @ check in, was in a dirty, stained smock. She was sitting in the lounge talking to a friend when we pulled up in front of the window she was seated at. She watched us, but didn't get up and come to the counter until I was already standing at it.

There was a woman with a name tag cleaning up the tile in the entry way, but there where also two people in street clothing helping her, obviously friends or family and not employees.

As the morning crew came in, a young man went behind the counter in his Marriott uniform, black pants, black shirt, name tag, red dew rag under a black ball cap tilted to the side. Yes sir its "Residence Inn the Hood" He was at the counter working at a computer for 20 minutes.

Then the manager came in, faded blue polo with her name tag and not tucked in.

I always try to pay with Marriott Gift cards. This is sometimes an issue. At this location, flat out no one knew what to do, but the manager.

Breakfast was passable, except they just couldn't seem to make coffee. I mean, for 45 minutes there was NO coffee, at 7 in the morning. Folks were going to the front desk to complain.

King Room was over $150 a night, I could have stayed at the full service Marriott property downtown for $129 on a stay for breakfast rate and had a table service breakfast with my family.

The staff here simply had no pride in their work, nor respect for their guests.

Room Tip: Stay at any one of the 6 other hotels within a block of this one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. First they put me in a handicap room, don't like these because the toilet sits so high, but this one had mold all over the shower walls too. They switched me to another room, but she did it with a snide attitude. Just change my room and keep the tide please! The "exercise room" title must be a joke, it's more like a closet with a couple of treadmills stuffed inside. So so experience, they have some work to do to catch up to the Marriott brand expectations!

Stayed March 2012
Thornton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

Like a few others here, I was disappointed with this location - it is not bad, just not what I expected from a newer Residence Inn. Property looks run down, and is not maintained well - surprising for a newer property. Service was good, location was good, surrounded by lots of shopping and restaurants, but hotel felt much older than its age. Rooms needed a little TLC in basic repairs. I also experienced the loud AC unit - in the middle of the night, the AC unit started making a very loud noise - had to turn it off - not sure what that was about. Had the basic one-room suite, with full kitchenette. Overall, not a bad stay, and would probably stay here again, but for the price, it was disappointing.

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the highway, so any location is good, but may want to stay away from the nor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sherwood Park, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My wife and I were starting the 3rd week of a 4 week US road trip and after driving up the Natchez Trace Pkwy from Natchez we had reservations at this hotel. Driving up to the hotel, it looked nice and fairly new. Inside was nice and our room looked really nice with a full kitchen with nice wooden cupboards with granite looking counter top. The room had a nice sitting area with a TV and the bedroom had a private door and another TV. So on the wholoe it looked like a real nice place. The first thing we found was that the lamps on either side of the sofa would not come on. We determined the first lamp had a burned out light bulb but when we replaced it, it still didn't work. In the meantime, my wife discovered the second lamp was not plugged into the outlet behind the sofa. Then my wife tried to turn on the TV with the remote. No luck. The second TV, no luck. We thought there must be a breaker tripped so we contacted the front desk..The nice pleasant girl came up to our room and showed us that you had to push the INFO button followed by the POWER button. Go figure. I guess we should have known that. However, even with that piece of knowledge, the second remote still woud not work. Got new batteries, still no go. Meanwhile, I tried to connect to the Internet with my laptop and no luck Front desk then told me I needed the client login and password which she gave me but I still had problems before finally getting logged in. My wife went to do a load of laundry in a nicely equipped laundry room only 2 doors down from our room. After loading one of the machines and putting soap in the dispenser, she tried to close the front load washer door. Kept popping open. So she had to unload that machine, salvage as much of the detergent as she could and used one of the other 2 machines. The funniest part of the whole frustrating evening was when we sat down to watch some TV and found that both TV's would just keep flipping through the stations on their own. We couldn't get either of them to stay on a station. We'd never seen anything like that. We finally decided there must be ghosts in that room and went to bed. For a relatively new builiding, the floor in our bedroom sloped noticably to one wall and towards the bathroom. Didn't give me much confidence in the construction quality of the building. All of these things made us believe there was real a lack of basic maintenance at this hotel and we sure wouldn't stay at it again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas City, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We stayed at the Residence Inn Ridgeland, Mississippi for a night while traveling through the area. Hotel had fresh and functional design styling in the one-bedroom suite we stayed in. Room was comfortable. In public areas the hotel was a bit worn, surprising for such a new facility. The stairway on the access door a distance away from the main entrance showed signs of sloppy construction/maintenance. The carpeting on the vertical stair risers was screwed in using small metal hex-head screws, as if the carpeting did not fit well and was pulling off the stairs. In the hallway off the main entrance the fabric-based wallpaper was pulling away from the wall near the floor in a large area. It was a shame that such a new property was already showing signs of abuse. The hotel had many long-term guests when we visited.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Jackson Ridgeland? Share your experiences!