“Lacking.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 129 Restaurants in Ridgeland
Cuisines: Italian
“Lacking.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This place is a mess. The atmosphere is very nice, but whoever is managing it needs to move on.

Wait staff could care less unless you are a party of 6-10. Food is OK but no value at all. Many better places to eat.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Baton Rouge, LA
“Our family Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We don't live close by but we always stopped at this restaurant when we were driving by. The food was very good and we had great services. Every thing we tried was excellent. The restaurant décor was warm and welcoming. We did not have one complaint whatsoever!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Thoroughly Embarrassing, Utter Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was in town, Ridgeland, Mississippi, to visit my mom. I let her pick a nice restaurant for me to take her to on my third day in town. This is the one she wanted to go to. She'd been to this Biaggi's "a couple of times" with friends and apparently liked it. She said she wanted to get the Eggplant Parmesan she'd had the last time. Great. Off we go and arrive at Biaggi's a little after noon. They are busy, but only about sixty-percent full, I'd say.

Okay, understand the rest of this review is about the thoroughly feckless service and not the so much the food, since we did not stay to eat it. First this rather loud woman with lots of "personality" comes to the table and wants us to order right then, I could tell. She seemed exasperated when we did not cough up an order. She left without taking a drink order. Finally, I got to order some tea and we asked for bread. Tea and bread took forever to get out ... maybe more than 8 to 10 minutes. The tea order was wrong. I asked for plain sweet tea and got sweet fruit tea that I had specifically said I did not like. At some point the waitress lighted on our limb and took our order. In about 5 minutes I got the salad I ordered, which turned out to be THE WORST Caesar salad I have ever had. Basically, someone dumped red pepper and lemon juice in it in mass quantity. I did not eat but one bite. After about maybe 10 more minutes I looked at my watch and started timing. I wanted the right tea and a new, different salad. No such luck. Twenty minutes later - roughly 30 minutes after our order was put in and nearly an HOUR after we arrived, our food arrived, which was delivered by someone other than the brassy, loud and talkative waitress we started off with. Now, I put myself through school in part by waiting tables - in a tuxedo at 5 star joints and in some real dives, both. I know the look of a plate that has been sitting under the warming lamp at the pickup station too long. So, basically our waitress had blown us off with all the 4 and 5-tops she was working and left us to twist in the proverbial wind - me and my 85 year old mom. Anyway, clearly this woman's colleague saw the food sitting there finally and dropped it for her. I took one look and in reply to "Can I get you anything else?" I said, "Yes, the manager." Well rather than just say "Yes sir," and go get him, she has to give me some attitude saying something like, "I ASKED YOU if there was something else you needed, not did you want the manager." Oh boy. So the manager comes over and I just say we are leaving and how much for the bread. He said we did not have to pay for anything and we left. As I looked over my shoulder as my mom followed along, I could see him having an animated discussion with the waitresses. So, that was about it. My mom said her eggplant sauce looked purple (It did) and my salmon looked overcooked (I am sure it was). We were both very happy to leave. This waitress darted in and out around our table a dozen times. I decided to see just how long we would go without service. She actually bumped my chair at one point but never stopped. My mother was mortified that she had selected this place to take her son. I was embarrassed for her. We went to the Trace Grill just a few miles away and had a great meal. This place is run and staffed by amateurs who do not care a whit. There is no other explanation for just an utter disaster like this. AVOID.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Very Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I tried to have lunch at Biaggi's. I sat at the bar and had a couple of drinks. I relaxed with the drinks for a while, actually about an hour. I had a menu, and begin to order asking for a small salad. I was served the salad. A young lady came in and sat a few bar stools down from me. She ordered a drink, and was immediately served the complementary bread. I asked her if she ordered the bread, and she said she didn't. I then asked her if she knew how much it cost, and she said it was complementary. I felt insulted. I then asked the bartender how he determined who received the complementary bread and who didn't. I was then excoriated for sitting at the bar for an hour relaxing, and then excoriated again for not ordering the bread. I didn't know they even served complementary bread. I felt like a second class customer. I will never return to that Baiggi's or any Biaggi's anywhere in the country. The service was extremely poor, and the bartender was extremely inconsiderate.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Mississippi
“Good food, nice restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went to Biaggi's for a special occasion and were not disappointed. The food was very good and the wait staff was very efficient. We called for reservations on the same day, but I'm not sure they would have Been needed? Each of us had a different dish and all enjoyed what they ordered. The restaurant was nice, and it was quiet enough that we could have a conversation. This is in a very nice area of Ridgeland, MS, the greater Jackson, MS area. Very nice shopping and other restaurants are close.

• Visited July 2013