“Feel at home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Kerrville, Texas
“Feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Pet friendly. Comfortible beds and chairs. Clean and everything worked as it should. WiFi worked really good. Full hot or cold breakfast and full hot or cold dinner included in the price for the room. Indoor and outdoor pool, indoor spa and excercize room. Located in a really good section of town. Surrounded with places to shop and eat. Only a short distant from museums, zoo, etc. Our favorite place to stay in the Jackson MS area.

Room Tip: They are all good and there are elevators so it is easy for handicapped also.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lilburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you are ever in or near Jackson, MS and need a place to stay, Drury Inn & Suites, Ridgeland, MS is sure to provide you with a fantastic experience. The staff from the reservations desk, housekeeping, morning breakfast and managmenet were amazingly friendly and accomidating. It was awesome to stay at a place where I felt welcomed, appreciated, comfortable and safe. The hotel is very convenient to the highway and there are many nearby restaurants to choose from. I arrived earlier than anticipated and was able to get a room. The reservations desk provided me with excellent choices to have my evening meals. The hotel was very clean and had up to date furnishings. The bed was perfect! The assistant preparing the breakfast buffet greeted me each morning with a smile and a positive word. The housecleaning crew found my favorite blouse I had left behind and will mailing it to me. I have never stayed any place where I felt appreciated for my business and was treated so friendly by everyone. It was an amazing experience!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Drury Inn,
While staying at Drury Inn, I experience the most pleasant stay, the rooms are kept very clean, they have the most comfortable beds {I wish I had that bed at home}. The beds are so soft and clean, they food is great, the drinks are great. Also, all the staff I came in contact with was very friendly.{ALL THE STAFFS}. Whoever the manager at Drury @ {610 E County Line Rd, Ridgeland, MS 39157}, he or she is doing an excellent Job !!!! I will be returning back to Drury Inn during the month of June.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Garnett, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was traveling alone with my kids so I selected this location bc we have stayed here before and loved it and the kickback service in the evening saves me a trip out to dinner with my small kids alone. I paid about 50 more to choose this hotel bc of this service. We went downstairs at 6 and the eating area was jammed full of people and for a hotel with 6 floors of rooms it made zero sense to only have about 10-12 tables. Seating was a nightmare and people were just standing around bc no seating was available. As bad as it was at that point it got even worse when a tour group came in and about 50 more people came into the room. What a fire hazard! I finally asked for a cart to take food back to my room so my children and i could have a place to sit and eat. Ms. Shannon at the front desk got us a few trays to carry and offered to carry one for me. She is very sweet and did her best but not much she can do considering the hotel is not equipped to handle as many as they try to accommodate. The drinks in the machine were also flat and watered down. I am very very disappointed in our stay and didnt expect this at all bc Drury has a good reputation and Im always recommending them. Again I want to say Shannon from the front desk did her best but she was limited in what she could do about the poor planning of the hotel.

Room Tip: i wouldnt stay downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Drury Inn & Suites Ridgeland. I apologize for the inconvenience. We had two large buses arrive at unscheduled times that caused a rush during our kickback time. Arrivals that large are not the norm for our hotel. During our recent renovation we expanded our seating area to a total of 26 tables in an effort to make our kickback experience a more enjoyable experience. Thank you for your comments and I hope that we can better serve you in the near future.

Meridian, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for two nights. The room that I had was newly renovated and decorated beautifully.However, the young woman that checked me in gave me a very difficult time even though my company had reserved a room with a credit card. She was quite rude and I would say in the wrong profession. Of course, I reported this to my manager and they no longer use this hotel for employees coming in from out of town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay here at Drury Inn & Suites. I regret that your stay was not everything that you desired.

I have reviewed your comments with the front desk staff in a recent meeting and want you to know that guest service is our first priority.

If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Drury Inn & Suites Ridgeland/Jackson
Durant, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Florida for vacation and our stay was wonderful! This hotel is clean and the dinner and drinks in the evening were basic but filling. Breakfast was great! They are walking distance to Target which was very convenient as well!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Grand Bend, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This Drury Inn was better than our last, but again they ignored our room request. We were travelling with our (house-trained but still young) puppy and asked for a room on the main level near an exit. This is so that if my husband needed to take the pup out during the night it would be convenient, and not disturb other guests. Again, we were put on an upper floor . We had room 413 which was clean but small. My husband was unhappy - it was some distance to the elevator, then a wait for it to come, then a walk down a long hall to get outside.

The included happy hour/supper was OK from 5:30 to 7. They gave us 3 drinks and provided meatballs, penne, hotdogs, salad and chips. It was handy not to have to go out again after driving all day. Unlike the other Drury Inn we stayed at on this trip, there was no long lineup for the food.The manager came over during that time to supervise, and even helped out with serving which was much better than the other Drury we stayed at. But she should adjust the attitude of the staff on the front desk.

Others have commented that the front desk staff seem disinterested in helping guests. My husband reminded them of his room request, which he had phoned in when he made our reservation months prior, and they just shrugged. I saw other people waiting to check in while they chatted with each other about nothing. This is the reason my husband will not stay again in a Drury Inn, and why I give the just "average" rating.

Breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles cereals and breads. The small indoor pool was nice and not crowded.

The small grassy areas were all covered with dog poo. Disgusting. Why doesn't the hotel insist that people pick up after their dogs? We always pick up after ours. Or at least they should have a staffer designated to go out with a scoop and pickup everyday. But sadly this problem is not unique to this hotel.

Room Tip: It is useless to request a certain type of room, don't waste your time.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We are always interested in what our guests have to say and how we might improve our customer service.

I apologize that we were not able to fulfill your request for the first floor. Many Drury Hotels have limited first floor rooms and in some cases no rooms at all on the first floor. This poses a small challenge from time to time in handling first floor requests. We should have done a better job explaining that to you when you checked in.

Guest comfort and satisfaction is our priority, so I have shared your feedback with our team.

It is my hope that you will allow us to serve you again in the near future.

Thanks,

General Manager in Training

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!