“great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
ms
“great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Had a great stay. PK and Lisa were most accommodating. Everytime you saw them they had smiles on their faces. The room was clean and smelled fresh. I will most definitely stay their again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
West Nyack, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

This was perhaps the worst hotel room I have ever stayed in. Upon entering the room we were immediately struck by the smell of mold. There was a jacuzzi in the room which had apparently flooded the carpet. If you stepped on it with bare feet it was like walking in a swamp. The air conditioner was not functioning in 90+ degree weather. When we arrived we were too tired to ask for another room or (better yet) move to another hotel. When I reported the problems to the desk clerk the next morning the response was, "Um-hum." I would NEVER stay here again.

We are retired and do a lot of traveling to visit children and grandchildren. I have had some unsatisfactory experiences with Day's Inns recently and would research carefully before booking with this chain -- but this was the WORST!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Greenville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel the night before a soccer tournament. The hotel is in a good location--just a few blocks off County Line Road--no road noise whatsoever. The check-in procedures went off without a hitch. The property is well-maintained; our room was nice and clean--the pillows were exceptionally comfortable. Our room was equipped with a refrigerator and a microwave oven; there were plenty of towels in the bathroom. Breakfast next morning was your standard continental fare--pastries, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, waffles, etc.--good enough to serve our purposes.

We paid only $56/night with a government discount. For that price, I think we got a great deal. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2008
Hoover, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

I was on a business trip for a conference meeting at the nearby Hilton, which has room rates much higher than my budget. I chose Days Inn because it was nearby, reasonably priced and had free internet access in the rooms. I've stayed at other Days Inns with good results.

It was a nice place to stay for the price. The room and bathroom were clean, and stayed clean (I was there for three nights). Good shower with nice hot water. I rarely ran the air conditioner - I don't like cold rooms, and there was enough air coming under the door from the hall to keep the room comfortable for me. When I did run it, it worked fine.

Internet access was not wireless, but that's actually better because a direct hookup is usually more reliable. The bed was very comfortable and there are lots of pillows (although I always travel with my own). The room has a refrigerator and microwave.

The only complaints I had were that there was no lamp on the desk, so therefore no task lighting - a minus for the business traveler. The in-room coffee and the free breakfast coffee were both undrinkable.

I did not eat the free breakfast, because there was a breakfast with my conference, but it did appear to have a good selection including make-your-own waffles. It also looked to be heavy on the starches, and I am a low-carb eater, so I might not have eaten there anyway.

The front desk staff people were friendly and helpful. I had a problem with the light in the bathroom, and it was fixed before I came back that afternoon.

I would recommend this hotel for a business traveler - it's a nice place to crash after a long day of Power Points.

• Liked — very roomy and spacious
  • Disliked — poor lighting in room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

I've stayed at this hotel in the past (about a year ago) and the owners are CHEAP!!! Back then the rooms were full of broken irons and they didn't have any spares. The carpets were very dirty throughout the hotel; so much so that I was afraid to walk around the room without socks. The internet connection was spotty and/or had a poor connection. Breakfast consisted of three-day-old pastries, had to wait for the coffee to be brewed (everyday) and they'd wait until the milk was empty before going to buy some more.

Back again a year later and nothing's changed, except that the carpet is waaay dirtier (I dampened a cloth and rubbed the carpet for about 15 seconds - see picture).

In the first room there wasn't an internet connection and the faucet would not turn off (try sleeping with that!). The second room; no internet and nasty carpets. The third room is the worst so far. But it has internet!!! WooHoo!!! I'm a business traveller so that's important. But this improvement is not enough to keep me from getting sick about how it feels to be here right now.

Yes, they say "sorry" a lot but that doesn't cut it at all.

• Disliked — I just want a clean room and this hotel cannot provide one.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hospitalitycorp, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. You were promised a clean and nice hotel. We did not live up to that promise. I can understand your disappointment.
Guest satisfaction is very important to us. To accomplish that goal, we have finish renovation of all the rooms with new Carpet, Flat screen TV, and with new Furniture. Enclosed Find some photographs of new rooms. We also have new management and new housekeeping staff who understand the guest requirements. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2006

The hotel is five years old and needs some renovation. The first room we had smelled of smoke as the third floor is half smoking and half non-smoking. They were very nice and gave us another room on the second floor. It also had some smoke related smell and a little musty. We've visited Jackson many times. In the area of hotel accomodations this town is a challenge. Usually we can find something in the $70 range that's pretty nice if we shop early enough and do some planning. So far this has never worked for us. What we've found is the kind of room we might get in some other town for $60-$70 on line to be pretty nice but in Jackson to be below standard. The Days Inn Ridgeland is a compromise at $64. We checked the Extended Stay across the street at $66 and the Staybridge (new) at $99. We had a group stay at the Homewood for $89 (group rate). When staying in Jackson expect to pay a more when shopping on line than normal.

Middleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2005

This hotel is definitely a "suburban" hotel--it's surrounded by many other hotels, strip malls and chain restaurants. It was very convenient for what we were looking for--a hotel near the interstate on our return trip home.

The hotel appears to be pretty new and is more spacious than other Days Inns we've stayed at.

The staff was very pleasant and helped us with directions.

All in all, a nice experience at a hotel we'd stay at again.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Days Inn & Suites Ridgeland? Share your experiences!