“great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Ridgeland
Dickinson, Texas
“great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great decor, well-laid out. The staff is friendly & accomodating. We've stayed here a number of times and it is our "go to" place anytime we are in the area. Manager's reception is a cut above. Good food from room service if you don't go out to eat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
 Your complimentary review of our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ok first, I have lived in the Jackson area my whole life and have visited friends staying at this Embassy many times over the years. I recently moved out of town and came back to Jackson this past weekend for a visit with family. The lobby was nice and modern as I remembered. Got my early check-in, all is well. UNTIL, I walked off the elevator on the 4th floor. I almost choked at the air freshener smell. My kids started gagging. I was thinking that I would change hotels if this smell continued into the rooms, although it was stuck in my nostrils for hours after leaving the hallway. The room smelled a little better. The air conditioner would not work correctly, it was freezing during the day and blowing no matter what temp you set it to and I was hot at night. WHAT?? The floors were sticky and not clean. There was dust on the furniture. There was mold in the shower. All you have to do is spray the tilex (2 seconds) and it goes away and spray the shower liner, it's not rocket science but it is not for lazy people. Only decaf coffee in the coffee "stash", not enough stir sticks or sweetener, are they even checking this?? Then I was in my room with my children the next morning at 10:00 and the housekeeper knocked, I told her we were about to leave shortly and could she come back. She gave me "roll my neck at you look" and said she got off at 11:00. I said well ok can you just give me some towels? She just looked at me. So I got a little irritated and said "ok fine, you come in here and get my dirty towels and put new towels in here". She sweetened up after that. Then I asked if I could get some caffeinated coffee, that disturbed her a little and she came back 10 minutes later with it. The room was large though. That was one good thing but it was dirty, the rug in the living room had not been vacuumed. Then there were tons of small children, under the age of 8, unsupervised at the pool and they were running up and down the hall outside the pool screaming, running into adults, shooting air guns, and no one said one word to them. The manager should have made that stop. I won't stay here again and I won't be recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to us throughout the years and am disheartened to hear how disappointed you were, this time. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I am truly sorry for the mold issues you encountered in your bathroom and can assure you we are aggressively taking care of it. I’ve also spoken with our staff regarding the inhospitable way you were treated. It’s rare you will find a rude or unhelpful member of our team, so, I can assure you this issue has also been handled. We would love to have you back again to see the hotel you pleasantly remember and love. Thanks for helping us improve.
Covington, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, and the location is excellent. Unfortunately, the hotel staff is rude - from the breakfast workers to the people who work for housekeeping. Additionally, my rate was $149 per night and my friend's rate (booked after I booked) was $139. The front desk quoted me $169 per night for a future stay and online it is $139. The air conditioning in the room is on ALL THE TIME no matter how cold it is outside because it is impossible to work the room thermostats even following the printed instructions exactly. They indicate on the instructions that they have these instructions stuck to the wall beside the thermostats because they are so complicated. The instructions are useless. Two different individuals followed the instructions exactly and couldn't get it to work. I requested and was granted late checkout which is 1:00. Between 12:00 and 1:00, with the "do not disturb" on the door, the housekeeping department banged on the door twice within the hour and were rude when I answered the door. They wanted to know exactly when they could clean the room. At 6:55 of the morning of my stay, 10 or so individuals walked into the already lighted breakfast area which was 99% set up and began getting their food. The breakfast workers made rude comments about us starting to get food early, before they were ready. Breakfast starts at 7:00. Five minutes...REALLY??? If they aren't ready at 6:55, shame on them. Lastly, a wedding reception was held in a downstairs meeting room the Saturday night of my stay. The lobby bathroom at 7:00 the next morning was not cleaned and bore remnants from the party the night before. Needless to say, I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I feel as if I paid someone $149 plus tax to abuse me. I stay in the Jackson/Ridgeland area at least 4 times per year. I'll go up the street to the Hyatt next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
There is no excuse for the housekeeping issues that occurred during your stay. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on the night of our wedding. We stopped in Jackson on the way to New Orleans for a week long cruise. I am a Hilton Team Member so I was able to get a discounted room.... This hotel was BEAUTIFUL! The rooms were soooooo nice and spacious, the breakfast was great, and the atmosphere is so modern. The only suggestion would be tubs in the King rooms. I know that a lot of hotels are placing showers rather than tubs in the room, but tubs are amazing :) Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Congratulations on you wedding! Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
St. Louisis, Missouri, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here while visiting family in Ridgeland, so the location couldn't have been any better. The room set up was nice to with traveling with a toddler, as we could set him up in the sitting area while we had the bedroom. The hotel was very busy as it there were tons kids as there must have been a baseball tournament taking place in the area. Overall the room was nice, the wood/laminates floors could be a clean better as feet/socks turned back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests here at the Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland ! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review.
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The dirtiest Embassy Suites we've ever stayed in. Walls around trash cans in the rooms were filthy. We really stunk after swimming in the pool, a sulphur smell. In theory the breakfast at E.S. is always great, but this was the worst - tasteless pancakes, rubbery eggs. However, they had the nice cocktail hour as at other E.S. It's very conveniently located. Next door there is a strip mall with several nice family-friendly restaurants - and one with great beer (majestic burger). In contrast to other reviews, staff was friendly enough. Next time we'll sacrifice the convenience of the suites for a family with several kids and opt for the nearby Hyatt or Hilton simply because of how dirty the place was.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our maintenance and housekeeping teams to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of our pool was of concern and our groundskeepers will work harder to keep it fresh moving forward. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area so that we may show you the quality of stay you expect from us.
Senatobia, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I had the chance to stay at this hotel in June, 2012. It was very nice and clean. Service at Front Desk was great. Very friendly bar tender who met everyones needs with a smile. Rooms are quiet and very comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
 Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We at theEmbassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland pride ourselves in being service professionals! Please return often!

Been to Embassy Suites Jackson-North/Ridgeland? Share your experiences!