“Peaceful and beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Picayune B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Peaceful and beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed at this Bed and Breakfast during a weekend of Mardi Gras and had a wonderful experience. Jeanette and Clint are the most wonderful hosts I have ever had and excellent cooks. They went above and beyond to make sure our stay was fantastic. The house is absolutely beautiful with very peaceful surroundings. This is a place I will be visiting again soon and I recommend this to anyone that is looking for a wonderful and beautiful getaway.

Room Tip: Choose the downstairs master bedroom.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Picayune, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My sister had her wedding at the Henry Smith House and the only way to describe it is BEAUTIFUL! Decorations weren't needed because of the beautiful layout and shrubbery. The owners went above and beyond for us. My sister and I also lodged there the night before her wedding and the experience was a landmark for our close relationship. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is just wanting to get away for the night or for any special occasion.

Room Tip: Master Suite
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Slidell, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

About 45-60 minutes out of New Orleans, is a wonderful Little bed and breakfast. This is a great place for a time to renew or fan the flames of a romance. Each room is unique in its layout, design and amentities. My wife and I were pleased by each little bit of hominess. A real pleasant feature is the great size on the bathtubs. Smaller than the hot tubs but very comfortable. The grounds are immaculately kept and there are plenty of little quiet and or romantic hideaways throughout the property. There is a pool and lovely gardens throughout. The owners told us that it is their plan to have color year round.

The food was excellent, traditional fare and lots of little surpises. Our hosts were pleasant company when desired and no where around when not. The drive is pleasant but a bit confusing. Make sure you call and get better directions than my GPS.

There is a nice little outdoor pavillion that can be used for functions of less than 50, the grounds can hold many, many more. I think if I wanted an outdoor activity, this might be the place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here!! The house and grounds are spectacular! The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious. Our bed was very comfortable...we slept like babies. Our daughter said the same for her room upstairs. The food was delicious, too! The hosts were gracious and wonderfully interesting, with many stories about the 10 year renovation of the house. We plan to visit again with friends. This is a wonderful spot to stop and enjoy a delightful night's rest before heading in to New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Henry Smith House? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Henry Smith House

Address: 99 Henry Smith Rd., Picayune, MS
Location: United States > Mississippi > Picayune
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Picayune
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Henry Smith House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Henry Smith House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.