“One of the best HIEs in state” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15211 Hwy 16 West, Philadelphia, MS 39350   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Philadelphia
Brandon, Mississippi
“One of the best HIEs in state”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed there for the first time last month and were very satisfied. The staff were very kind and willing to help in any way. The rooms were nice and quiet. Even though my trip was for business, I am planning to take my wife for a visit soon.

Room Tip: Any room is acceptable here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Montevallo, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I enjoyed my stay with the HI Express. Breakfast was okay but not better than Homewood Suites. Cinnamon rolls were not good and not enough pancake machines for a room full of people. "Apple Juice" was actually water. It was very clean, no odors.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Typical holiday inn express, and a fairly new building. Clean and with a decent pool, too. The breakfast is acceptable, usually breads, eggs, sausage or bacon, pancakes and cereal. Deinks include coffee, juice and milk.

It is close to the Choctaw reservation, but also close to downtown Philadelphia which I enjoy.

Decent value for the buck. Very friendly and professional front desk staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bedford, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while visiting relatives. On the first night I called in and was in the process of booking a King room and the call dropped. I called again and now they said the did not have any and I had to get the jacuzzi room. I later learned they did have a vacant room as the next morning I moved into it. This HE is average on most accounts except for two. The staff overall are quite friendly and ironically, the breakfast lady is almost completely absent and in attentive. We stayed 3 nights and never did get a chance to try the gravy. The attendant was always in the back room talking or texting on her phone. On Saturday we saw her out and about but there was still no gravy.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear ChrisReedDFW,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is great to know that our staff was friendly. I extend my apologies for the sub par experience you've had during breakfast. We take all feedback seriously and we will use your comments to improve our efforts.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Okay this is a typical HIE. The breakfast is good as always in this brand. The breakfast room is spacious and clean and the food is better than a lot of chain hotels. As for the outside the appearance is good and the location is easy to get to and seems safe. The rooms are clean and I'm not one to closely inspect so if it appears clean then it is. Im not gonna go looking behind the dresser and all that like some of the other reviewers. The sheets were clean the carpets vacuumed and seemed pretty new. The bathroom well lit and clean so no worries there. The staff seemed friendly and always spoke when I was around them. My only draw back is that the halls and the rooms do have a musty Smell; kind like its an old hotel, but it doesn't seem to be. I don't get that but the musty funk is definitely there. I stay in Mississippi a lot and travel six states. This is a very acceptable mississippi hotel because even trusted chains sometimes are way below average in Mississippi. So all in all it's clean, safe,the rooms are big and the
staff is friendly. I can live with it having a little musty smell.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, the staff was friendly and welcoming. The breakfast hostess was impeccable not to mention extremely friendly and kind! Great hotel for the location and value, we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The beds are very uncomfortable. The mattresses are hard. I can deal with a firm mattress, but these beds are hard. My husband also thought the bed was very uncomfortable. The hotel was "okay". We got a decent price on the room. The room was presentable, breakfast was "okay". I opted for coffee and a cinnamon roll every morning. The orange juice tasted "off" the first morning, so I didn't mess with it after that. We stayed on the second floor. The hall smelled musty, similar to a damp basement. It was a tolerable stay, none of the issues were anything that would stop us from staying there again. Even the super hard bed was not that bad by the 3rd night. It was just odd.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear JMM25,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the beds, hall and the orange juice. We take all comments seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw? Share your experiences!