“Front Desk Untrustworthy/Bad AC” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15211 Hwy 16 West, Philadelphia, MS 39350   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Philadelphia
NOVA
“Front Desk Untrustworthy/Bad AC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Hot Wire booked me, involuntarily, into a smoking room. Julie @ FD told me "we have no other rooms available." So I go up to check if it's an ashtray. Upon return, I get back in line only to watch a person come off the street and ask for a room. She gives him a non-smoking king. When I ask her why she says "you didn't ask for a king," then, "he came from the casino," (not true), then the manager said "maybe there was a cancellation. Then, the AC couldn't keep up with the humidity so we either froze or perspired. Nope, nope, never again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calhoun City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I am a frequent guest at Holiday Inn Express hotels around Mississippi, but this would be my FIRST big disappointment with the HIE chain of hotels. I arrived at the hotel around 8:30 p.m. and was somewhat greeted by guest services. I requested that we have late check-out which is generally 2 p.m. and she insisted that I check out at 1:00 p.m. so that housekeeping could "clean my room and get out of here"!!! WOW!! So I agreed.....After arriving to my room, I noticed that because of "fast" cleaning, the staff didn't clean the bathroom very well and as my husband was taking a shower, he mentioned that the water level was not hot at all. The next morning, I called guest services to ask what was going on with the water and she said that she didn't think anything was going on with it and EVERYONE ELSE SAID THAT THEIR STAY WAS WONDERFUL!!! (WHAT!!!) Needless to say I had to take an almost COLD shower because of not having hot water and be treated like EVERYONE ELSE I GUESS!!! A total disappointment...and who runs this hotel. I asked for management and saw him standing outside and he didn't even have the courtesy to come and see what our problem was.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

For the price only 98 dollars per night. This was a great hotel. The breakfast area and food was very good. Room was very clean and smelled clean. TV cable was dark ages but I don't really watch a lot of tv on trips. Only two complaints I have is my daughter has asthma and we always get non-smoking room, that night a waft of smoke blowing under door, I called front desk to find out 3rd floor has non-smoking and smoking rooms which caused my daughter to cough all night. Not a good idea in my opinion. And fitness room air conditioner was broken. The pool looked beautiful and staff was nice. For the price a good place to stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Bessemer,AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2010

We frequently patronize this Hotel enough for them to know me by my name. Hotel front service is always very courteous. Facility is very nice and good value for the money. However the incident on this stay left a bad taste in the mouth enough not to go back again.one of the 3 coffe cups stacked togather in the bottom had a urine. Night front desk girl came and got the bag with coffe cups. Next day during check out, we enquired about their investigation, but they had no knowledge. She appologized and gave me the General Manager's business card for me to call him. Since we booked the Hotel through third party, they could not do anything about it. I think the Incident was serious enough for Hotel Management to show little more concern and investigate. So much for the Hospitality Gaurantee Posted in every room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

Stayed here during Neshoba county fair. Hotel is nice, looks new. Stayed in suite 2 Q's & a pull out. Room was large. Staff friendly. Car battery died & staffer gave me jump. Hot breakfast good, area extreamly hot/no air. Beds not so comfortable. Nice pool, work out area. Location close to everything. I'd stay again. Be sure to join their reward club & receive FREE stays.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Columbia, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We just got back from Philadelphia from the Choctaw Fair and Casinos. The Holiday Inn Express was very nice, the rooms were clean, big, and had all the amenities you could want or need. The mattress was a little firm, but that was no problem for me. Location was great, casinos, geyser falls, etc were all very close and easy to get to. Pool was nice and hotel seems to be fairly new construction. Continental breakfast was very good, biscuits, gravy, sausage, bacon, etc. We will return and Holiday Inn Express will be our choice for our stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

Pleasant staff, clean rooms, free breakfast...got most of the high points right. The suite did not have a wall seperating the sofa room and the beds so I'm not sure I would pay for the upgrade again but overall we had an enjoyable visit.

Only 2 miles or so from the casino. The children (5 & under free, $4.99 for the older kids) can eat at the Silver Star casino buffet (they go in the front door but never can go on the gaming floor.) Also, if you sign up for a players card they will give you $15 free on your card. So the DH and I signed up and got virtually 2 free meals for the family. Also, close to the water park although we encountered rude staff there and won't be going back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Philadelphia-Choctaw? Share your experiences!