“poor service and beds are terrible” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Centerville, Ohio, United States
“poor service and beds are terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I arrived at 6 am and they charged me full price and said check out was at 11. i said i'm going to stay until sunday (this being friday morning) and they still knocked at the door at 11 to check out. I said i just got here a few hours ago and i'm sleeping, the lady said, " noone put this on the notes". The lady (Trina) at the front desk let it be known that she didnt like checking people in at that time (6am) and she had breakfast to put out. So that's why i was charged for thurs, fri, sat and sun. even though i arrived at 6am on friday. all you hear is beer bottles breaking outside all weekend. and the springs poke you through the blanket on the bed. Oh and housekeeping don't knock, they just walked in and seen me (bearded tattooed truck driver) in my birthday suit after showering. the lady walked by and said, "Sorry, want your bed made"? and i'm pretty sure that is all the english she knew. Terrible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Couples
NW Georgia, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The property is rather old, but my stay was inexpensive. I loved the soft, sage-colored bed sheets. Breakfast was unimpressive, but the staff were quite friendly. Dining and fuel options are nearby, as is I-20.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Petal, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

For the price I paid I guess I cannot complain to much about the quality of the place. The lady at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. We changed our room upon arrival to one that had a sofa bed as the wife's brother decided to come on the trip. When we got into the room it had a very musty smell to it. The microwave looked to be from the 50's. There was a used towel sitting behind the toilet that housekeeping must have missed. All of this I could have dealt with were it not for the bed. We woke up several times during the night because the bed had so little support that we found ourselves sliding the the middle throughout the night.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Pepperttown, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The housekeeping wakes you up at around 8 am to clean your room. The enternet was so crapy that I tried to long into it and it told me that I had to pay for it. When it was supposed to be free. I so a couple of roaches running around in the bathroom. The room had a really funny smell to it like something had died there before. There was not really iany parking to park. So I had to park almost across the street and walk to the room. There free breakfast was not much at all a couple of donuts. But that is how I rated this stay here. The mangement did not even try to do anything to correct the problem and all they had to say was that housekeeping does that all the time. And that most of the guest are used to it and it does not bother them when they just wlk into the room to clean it. And overall I should have been up already even though I did not get into the room until midnight.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!