“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Piperton, TN
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The room was clean and the location was very convenient for restaurants and the local minor league baseball field. The breakfast was good and the lady in charge of preparation was very pleasant and personable. The disappointment was with the front desk staff and management. With the exception of one young lady who worked overnight, the manager and staff were rude and very unprofessional. Their poor attitude greatly overshadowed the other good qualities of this hotel. This is one location in this hotel chain that I will NOT stay in again. I have stayed in other locations of this same chain that were excellent in all aspects, and thus this review is not indicative of the entire chain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Shennesse & Joyce did an excellent job looking after our needs during our recent stay. After check-in, we received a phone call to make sure the room met our standards. We were remembered by name whenever passing through the lobby. Thanks for making us feel at home.

• Stayed June 2013
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've written over 150 reviews and believe in the power of feedback. I hope you find my review helpful.
I was pleasantly surprised on the size and comfort of my room. Even as I write this, I wonder if this is a standard room. I have a separate living area from the bathroom, although not separated by door. The bed is very comfortable. I've stayed at Fairfield's before where the bed is too hard. This one was just great. The room and hotel is very clean. Great water pressure in the shower. Nice work space with a desk with both Wi-Fi and wired internet...super fast. Very friendly folks working downstairs. The breakfast was above average for a 3 star hotel...lots of choices: Yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, eggs, Canadian bacon, etc. I was very pleased with the stay overall. And the workout facility is better than any other Fairfield I’ve stayed at with 2 very good treadmills and I believe an elliptical.
Very close to the airport...although I did not use their shuttle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Soft comfortable mattress, modern bedding, cold air conditioning, clean room, several restaurants within a block, standard breakfast bar, overall a Fairfield I will add to my list of favorites. High praise from a pleasure traveler who spends two months a year in motels.

• Stayed May 2013
Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The front desk clerk was very stoic, never attempting to smile. When we arrived at 10:00 PM, there was a group of people at a table in the breakfast area, Apparently, they were there to visit with the clerk and she just wanted to get us out of the way. The room was clean, but small. The beds were so soft, we kept rolling toward the middle. The elastic on the sheets was shot, so we had to keep getting up during the night to put the sheets back on the bed. Not a restful stay at all. Disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Even though they were in the midst of renovations, they set up a breakfast in their meeting room, and a business centre (free computer + printer) in a bedroom. Good location, near restaurants and the interstate. Only paid $76 + low taxes. Great deal!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I frequent Marriott properties quite often for work (Residence Inns, Courtyards) and as a result, I earned a free night's stay. Due to personal business in the area, I opted to look for a hotel in the Jackson/Pearl area. The Fairfield Inn Jackson Airport is very close to JAN and offers a free ride to their property. I arrived before check in on Thursday 2/21/13 and checked out Friday 2/22/13. My room was ready when I arrived with no issue. I have to mention the hotel is undergoing renovations; HOWEVER, I heard no noise during my entire stay. (Once I arrived in my room, I really didn't leave so for hours I was undisturbed.) The king room was spacious, bright (orange accent wall), updated ammenities and very clean: it had clearly been renovated. Overall, the staff was friendly and accommodating. In the immediate area, you could not go hungry with a Cracker Barrel, McAlisters, Dunkin Donuts, Popeyes and McDonald's all nearby. And I can't forget the movie theater right behind the hotel as well as the proximity to I-20. I am not usually a big fan of Fairfield Inns--and I'd sworn I wouldn't stay in another--but trust me, this hotel is a good find in a great location!

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, definitely mention this.