“Below HI standard” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Below HI standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel while on business. All I can sayis that I was underwelmed. This hotel is far below the standard I have grown to expect from HI. It is the little things like the comfort of the bed, the filthy tile grout and the nice layer of black gunk growing in the corners in the bathroom and door hinges. Oh yeh, the surly staff was a nice touch also. Amazing what a smile and "Good Morning" does to start your day. If nothing else, this stay helps me decide that Hampton is better or me.

• Stayed February 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear wkelly5688,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience. We have sent you a private message with more information. I look forwarding to hearing back from you.

Katie J
IHGCare

Chattanooga, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed here primarily because my son loves their cinnamon rolls. We paid $85 for the room, thinking that was a pretty attractive rate. The staff was excellent and went out of their way for us on a couple of occasions, but the room left a lot to be desired. This hotel is an older property and the décor and space are not up to HIE standards. You will listen to your room air-conditioner cycle on and off all night, and the light from the parking lot will keep you awake because the curtains (single layer) are inadequate to fully cover the window. The beds were the biggest surprise…normally a HIE strong suite, these beds were no telling how old. The surface was soft, but the bed sagged several inches in the middle. This felt more like a Motel 6 to me. That said, the breakfast was very good and the staff was great. But we will opt for the Hampton Inn next door on the next trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

On the morning I was checking out of this hotel (after two extremely long days of meetings and before I was to take a 6-hour drive back home) I was awakened by the housekeeping staff at 7:45 am.

When I checked with the front desk as to why I was awakened I was told there had been a mistake and was given a sincere and heartfelt apology. Unfortunately after that I was awakened by the housekeeping staff beating on my door TWO more times in the hour after I called the front desk.

Evidently although check out is 11 am the policy at this place is to get guests up and out before 9 am. It worked that morning because even though I wanted to sleep in get some rest before I had to drive I could not rest and finally got up and checked out around 9:30.

What an absolutely terrible morning!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
hppycts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Hotel was a little worn but the room was clean. Breakfast includes basics like cereal and toast, scrambled eggs, biscuits w/ gravy and bacon. A lot of decent restaurant selections within a 3 minute drive so there's no need to get back on the freeway. However there's no restaurant within walking distance unless you want to go to Ruby Tuesday's. The hotel is located right behind Econo Lodge - it shares the same parking lot as Hampton's Inn.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010 via mobile

Terrible hotel! The carpet in pur room was wet and buckled up. The air conditioner could not remove the dampness from the room. When I arrived I smelled bug spray in the parking lot, and when I left the next morning my car was crawling with ants! The staff obviously knew of the ant problem but only offered a "sorry about that". I will never stay at that hotel again!

• Stayed October 2010
Gulfport, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

We were in Jackson for one night, and needed a clean, comfortable, safe place to stay. We chose the Holiday Inn Express in Pearl based on reviews from TA and the location. We were well pleased with the accommodations. We had a room with two queen beds. It was very clean and inviting. The beds were quite comfortable, and the bathroom was well equipped with plenty of towels, bath cloths, and toiletries. We had an early breakfast with hot and cold selections that were well stocked. Everything was much to our satisfaction, and the room rate was a great value!

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Due to a flat tire on a road-trip, my friend and I had no choice but to stay in Pearl overnight. We booked our room on Hotwire about an hour before arriving. I have to admit, I was hesitant to stay here. I'm more of a Sheraton/Hilton kind of girl, but I was extremely impressed with this hotel. From check in to check out, the staff was wonderful. Even though it was late at night, the young man who checked us in was pleasant and helpful. Our room was spacious and clean. Beds were very comfortable. Good free breakfast in the morning. Free wi-fi in rooms.
The morning staff was so helpful in advising us where to go to fix our flat. They even drove by to check on us a few hours later while we were at the gas station! I wish I remembered their names so that I can thank them.
This Holiday Inn and it's staff completely changed my views on Holiday Inns (in a positive way). Other hotels can learn a few things from this place!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!