“Paid in full” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   235 South Pearson Road, Pearl, MS 39208   |
Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Pearl

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here twice since June 1. This hotel is not the best but it is okay for the price. Our decision to stay the first time was the price. We stayed there the second time because of the front desk/ breakfast attendant shunda. She has the best attitude. She kept us laughing at breakfast and she cares about her job. Best customer service I have had in years. Its worth staying there just to meet her. We watched her go above and beyond her job duties by helping change a ladies tire who was stranded without her help. This girl was off work and took the time to still show the guests that they come first. Hate to say but the men and managers on duty did nothing to help her so we just wanted to say thanks shunda for caring about your guests. We will stay again because of her great service and caring attitude for her guests.

Room Tip: Don't stay on pool side. Noisy in daytime.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a reservation here while traveling through en route to our vacation. All we needed was a place to lay our heads, we weren't looking for a luxury hotel. We'd booked a nonsmoking room, and while our room was probably nonsmoking, the hallway clearly was not. It reeked of smoke! But, the room was fine. It cooled down relatively quickly when we lowered the temperature, and the beds were comfortable. There was no problem with noise from other rooms or outside. The hallways and the lobby were unexpectedly warm. The free continental breakfast, though, was great! Make-your-own waffles, cheese omlettes, a selection of breads/muffins/bagels, cereals (hot and cold), hard boiled eggs, and fresh juices - just to name a few items. The sweet lady working the breakfast was super kind to the kids and everyone else.

• Stayed June 2012
Sunriver, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stay at Choice and Marriott hotels often and this was not your typical Comfort Inn. We read the Trip Advisor reviews before coming and took a chance but were disappointed. A few things to know about this hotel...it is definitely older and it shows it's wear. This hotel is two stories with the doors all accessible OUTSIDE. There is no elevator but it has multiple stairways leading upstairs. The check-in was professional and smooth. The room appeared fine at first but upon further time in it the problems appeared. The tv's were old - no flat screens. There was no Comfort Inn book with information in it about tv channels - etc. I called the front desk and they had a small piece of paper at the desk that I had to go down and get. The up channel button did not work on the remote control. The bathroom fan made a terrible racket when on. The shower head had substantial "rust-like" substance on it. The wi-fi reception in our room was AWFUL and we let the front desk know but nothing was done.

We spend 6 months or more on the road and wi-fi for travel arrangements and other issues is imperative. I went to use the business center in the lobby and there was no chair for the computer desk. There was no printer to use for map/directions. The next morning we found ants crawling on the bathroom counter and along the wall by the light switch. We don't expect perfect but we certainly expect better accomodations than we had from the Comfort Inn brand. We stayed the night before at another Comfort Inn and it was just fine with no issues. In all fairness, they can't fix a problem they don't know about and we wrote a list of issues for the front desk and passed along the list. We hope it is better for others.

If you need a first floor room without consistent wi-fi connection, this might be fine for you. I know that we won't be back to this location but will continue to check out Choice Hotels once we read Trip Advisor reviews for a closer look.

Room Tip: If you need wifi reception ask the front desk where they get the best reception before you get your...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I chose the Comfort Inn Airport for the last night of my stay in the Jackson area because all the websites I checked said there was a free airport shuttle. When I checked in and asked about the shuttle schedule I was told that service had been discontinued at least 2 years ago and that I'd have to take a taxi. The hotel itself was quite serviceable. The room was a little broken-down but squeaky clean and things were quiet at the back end of the hotel. The wireless internet signal barely registered and I couldn't find an ethernet cable so I had to work off my phone's hotspot. The hot breakfast was decent and the staff were very pleasant.

It took a taxi 25 minutes to get to the hotel at midmorning on a Sunday and then the fare was almost $20 to get to the airport! I certainly wasn't expecting that.

In short, the hotel was acceptable to good but it is NOT an "airport" hotel and certainly doesn't provide transportation of any kind.

Room Tip: All rooms are outside access and I didn't see any elevators. Ask for a room toward the back to m...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Excellent service by the young manager. He welcomed us at check in and made sure we were taken care of during our entire stay. We were in town for a project and he understood we needed a good start to the day each morning so he had the breakfast well stocked with hot food. He opened it earlier than the posted times. Any small issues that came up during our stay was addressed prompty by the staff so I cannot say this hotel had any major issues. The rooms and lobby area are clean overall. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area as I will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: The staff is trained very well as they generally fulfill any request so as long as it is in their ab...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Kenny P, General Manager at Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your kind comments! I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our delicious breakfast! We pride ourselves on the service we deliver, so it is great to hear that the hard work by our team is paying off! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Very Sincerely,

Been to Days Inn Pearl/Jackson Airport? Share your experiences!