“Good night's sleep” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl to your Saves list
Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl
Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Airport Rd, (Across from 341 Airport Rd), Pearl, MS 39208   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 19 hotels in Pearl
Ingalls, Kansas
“Good night's sleep”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Everything seemed good and clean... The hallway and room smelled a little musty but I'm not from the south anymore and maybe that is pretty normal. For the money it was a jam-up place to stay! Would recommend for anyone...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

In Pearl for business and thought I would try this hotel again. Wow, they really stepped up, the front desk clerks were kind and knowledgable. No problems checking in, and we were upgraded to bigger room without asking.

The room was super clean, although, they still have not mastered the art of changing out a shower curtain for each guest. Everything else was really good, comfortable bed and quiet room. Good TV, flat screen, good channel line up. The upholstery could use some cleaning, there were a few stains.

My husband spoke with the GM in the morning and he was as pleasant as could be. Professional and accommodating, we let him know what a difference a year can make in a hotel.

This hotel received a platinum rating from choice and considering how they stepped up their customer service I can see why.

Good stay and would stay here again when in Pearl. Try it out you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: A much Improved Hotel!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Little Elm, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

Called and asked this elderly lady working the front desk if she could match another Sleep inn's AAA rate in the area. She said that would be no problem, but when i arrived at the hotel... she 'forgot" how to change the rate code so I ended up paying about $7 more. she told me this would be fixed on check-out. It was NOT, as the owner/manager one K.K. Patel was out of town. Called this fellow when he came back to work and he refused to credit my account or offer any other solution to rectify the problem.

The room was old and dingy with a moldy shower curtain. Took the front desk clerk 30 minutes to find a new one. Bombed out towels with holes were also present. Not the cleaniest bathroom either.

Petty property to the extreme. NOT a place I'd ever stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel has won very prestigious awards from the Sleep Inn chain and it really shows... The building, room, and grounds are spotless and modern. The staff is more than happy to help the guests. They have even extended their free breakfast hours to super early to accomodate guests catching early morning flights.

The breakfast was hot, varied, and very tasty, and the servers were cheerful. I was even able to catch a free early morning shuttle to the airport. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Checked in late, called ahead of time to check rates with Choice and the hotel directly, front desk quoted a AAA rate and said it would be eligible for points. When we arrived, the rate that was quoted did not show eligible with the rate code the front desk was using. The lady seemed clueless to why I was asking to make sure my stay was eligible. She was untrained and had didn't know about rate codes, etc. She then manipulated her system to get a points eligible rate, a code I had never seen before and, of course, said it would be a higher rate.

As a Diamond member with Choice, this shouldn't have happened. I shouldn't have had to pay more because I was mis-quoted, but it was late and I didn't want to argue with a clerk.

After I was assigned a room, I went up to check it out. As soon as I entered the room, I was hit with a overwhelming smell of a soured shower curtain. This is the first thing I usually check in the room. I called the front desk to ask the clerk for a new shower curtain. She said "I can't get you a new shower curtain, it's locked and I only have access to extra towels".

This is one thing I can't tolerate in a hotel. I told her I would be down to see if she could assign me another room. Two rooms later, the same problem! Gross! Shower curtains should be changed after every guest. It is disgusting, it's like using another person's towel. YUK!

I asked her again, if she could get me a new shower curtain for any of the rooms I looked at. She went back to check and she mysteriously found one after I pressed her on the issue.

I took the first room because it was in a good location. Changed the shower curtain and checked the sheets to see if they had been changed. Everything else was pretty good, bed was comfortable.

In the morning, my husband asked the front desk clerk about why we had to pay more to get points when it was supposed to be their AAA Rate. Which is a standard rate code used all the time. This clerk also had no idea what he was talking about.

To recommendations for this hotel:

1) Train your hotel clerks regarding Rate Codes and Choice Privileges eligibility.
2) Housekeeping needs to be trained on changing the shower curtains after every guest stay, it is unsanitary.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Our family of four, including two teenagers, stopped here for an overnight break from driving to our next destination. We were able to obtain a very good rate by using the Hotel Travel Book coupon you can pick up at local travel centers.

The room was exceptionally clean, as it was a new hotel. The rooms were also large and included a free breakfast with waffles, bagels, toast, muffins, juice, tea, and coffee.

Since we were only staying one night we were given the room next to the Main Lobby, which wasn't a problem, but it was literally next to the main front doors to the lobby. Also, since this was close to the airport, I don't remember hearing any airplanes during the night.

Room Tip: Pick up a Hotel Travel Book for the best coupon rate
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chattanooga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. We made a reservation and was fairly pleased with the price. The lady who checked us in was not very friendly but I guess if I had to work at a hotel I would probably would not be too excited either. But overall the hotel was decent and would probably stay there again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl? Share your experiences!