“Quite good.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Massachusetts
“Quite good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

The rooms are clean, the staff are friendly and patient, and the breakfast staff are great. The fact that it is right on I-20 can make the highway-side rooms noisy, and I was glad that I brought earplugs (Mack's silicone). There are a number of restaurants conveniently close to the hotel, several right within walking distance.

Room Tip: Stay on the side that's not on the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gus B
Administrative A, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience concerning your recent stay at our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are thoroughly apologetic for the highway noise. At The Hilton-Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are completely satisfied. We hope you consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed!

Clinton, ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and great location. Staff was very courteous. Colette, hotel manager was very tentative to my family needs. My family and I used this hotel to host a family function. The banquet room was appropriate for our family size. Also, the hotel manger was of great assistance when I requested her suggestion of some hotels in location that my family and I were heading to for an upcoming vacation. We will definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank T H
Smyrna, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I too got a room on the I-20 side, and the sound of trucks rumbling down the highway was loud all night. Also there was something sticky spilled on the floor and table; but we were exhausted and had to sleep somewhere. Jackson is not the safest city to stay in - someone put a beer bottle under the wheel of our car while we were having dinner, and the hotel clerk was talking with someone about her boyfriend being stabbed and robbed. Not the fault of the hotel, of course; but I don't think I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the side facing I-20!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has all the new upgrades and is very clean. The staff are all very friendly. Very convenient to the Jackson airport. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Bass Pro and a movie theatre are on the same road.

Stayed March 2014
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

By no means am I giving them a bad review. I would call this a very middle of the road average review.

HGI's are my main hotel. So I have experience with the expectations I have of this chain.
The Hotel has had their remodel. However they do not have a bar or even Dinner menu at this location which is odd. I should rephrase,They have a bar which doesn't serve anything.It looks like they discontinued liquor and dinner serve for what ever reason.
You can get beer at the so called Pantry.

I will start making comments on the pantry's as well since they vary widely on product and other issues.
This Pantry was ok for the most part since they need to rely on more snacks and beverages.

I believe that reason they don't have dinner service and bar was due to the fact they are surrounded by restaurants and entertainment.

The room was ok except for lighting issues in the office area. I don't like ceiling fans in hotels with the lights on them.
One strange concern is the fact they do not use the standard toilet paper I have used at other HGI.
Call me weird but this toilet paper was some rough stuff! I guess they are looking at reducing cost.
The one thing that docent bother me but I do get in any of the surveys the hotel ask me to fill out.
They didn't recognize my Diamond status and I had to suggest a room upgrade.No bifg deal but HGI requires their employees to do that.

Why stay here? Close to all the restaurants and theater. clean and yes the staff were very nice

Why Not? Rough toilet paper? I don't know?

• 3 of 5 stars
Administrative A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. This location did not open with a bar or restaurant due to the liquor laws that were in place in 2007. That has since changed and we are working with Hilton and our management company to figure our next steps in making the bar/restaurant a success for us. I want to apologize for the other issues that did not meet the standards of service that you are used to. We will do our best to improve upon them. We hope that you will try to stay with us in the future.
Starkville, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed in this hotel on Buisness. My room was on the I-20 side of the property and was very loud. I would request a room on the other side next time.

I did notice the hotel was in the process of updating the tv's in each room.

Rates seem very strange. In a room block they were very high. Called on my own and got about a room $50 cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for room opposite from interstate
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank MStravel2008
Thank you for posting your comments to TripAdvisor. We will try to put you on the side away from the highway. We look forward to you staying with us again.
McKinney, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel is clean and on par with other Hilton Garden Inns. Compared to other hotels in the area it is in the upper half. Price is a bit high for the room ($159 for a king regular room). When booking or checking in be sure to ask for a room facing the front of the hotel; the back faces the highway and those rooms are noisy

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments to TripAdvisor. We will definitely try to put you away from the highway the next time you stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pearl
Holiday Inn Trustmark Park-Pearl
Courtyard Jackson Airport Pearl
Fairfield Inn Jackson Airport
Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Pearl? Share your experiences!