“Great for the pric” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Columbia, SC
“Great for the pric”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

best price out there. Was traveling solo, so I was apprehensive about staying here. The lady at front desk was very nice and gave me a room close to front desk which I appreciated. Free internet, cable, microwave and fridge in room. Very comfortable bed. Brand new tub. Room was very clean and actually was more than I expected. Only thing...no hair dryer. Bring your own! Would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ruston, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I suppose it would have been okay had the light in the bathroom worked, or the tub drained, but they didn't. On top of that the fact that the keyed entryways opened without a key and the utility/emergency door at the back of the property was standing open. Neither of those things made me feel particularly safe. In addition, at check in, I was not asked for any ID, no plate number, none of the information I usually have to provide. All the lady, who wasn't particularly pleasant in the first place, wanted was my payment. We got one room key, a cold welcome, a room that barely functioned and a night full of worrying about the safety of our things (we were moving and had a moving can with a car towed behind it) and the security of the Motel. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Recently refreshed rooms, with the usual Motel 6 layout.
This location is really quiet with easy access to Jackson and all its sights.
Whilst this is listed as Jackson Airport I didn't hear a single aircraft in the 2 nights I was there.
I'd definitely return to this motel if in the area again.

Room Tip: The motel layout is at 90 degrees to the road, so no rooms get direct road noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Baton Rouge, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Am currently staying at this location. Very nicely refurbished, with a staff who really wants to help make the guest stay perfect. The rooms are very clean, and the staff super nice. Would definetly stay here again, and recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

Bring your own bath towel, if you want a nice one. Good price, if a bed is all you need. The bed was very good. Everything else was average or uninspiring. Clean enough for me, but my mother would panic.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

I do like to stay at Motel 6 whenever I can, because you can't beat the price. I went to their website and found a location in just the right area, Pearl, MS. My husband and I drove from the Austin area to Rome, GA for Thanksgiving. The website said the motel was "refreshed" and that had to be a good thing. I found a coupon code and made my reservation - easy. We got to Jackson, MS and started looking for our exit.
When we found it we started driving in the right direction - north. It was on the right but a little hard to see because the sign was quite faded.
Here's the bottom line: We slept and got on our way in the morning, but there are several things that should have been fixed before we checked in.
1. A squeaky bathroom door - WD-40
2. A tippy refrigerator - it was clean and large but it wasn't secure on the floor.
3. A sort-of uncomfortable bed - it was okay, but not really comfortable.
4. A bathroom light fixture that didn't work properly.
5. My husband said there were noises, but I didn't notice them.
Anyway, for the budget-conscious traveler, I can recommend this Motel 6, but it's still pretty basic.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

I stayed at this motel6 on October 23, 2009. The interior of the building seemed dirty and dingy, and in need of renovation. The same was true for the room. The bedding was clean, but old.
I have stayed in cleaner motel6s elsewhere. Although the room was quiet and the desk clerk was very friendly and courteous, I expected better.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Jackson Airport- Pearl? Share your experiences!