“Not as Nice as the Other Country Inns I've Been To” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not as Nice as the Other Country Inns I've Been To”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I love this hotel chain. Unfortunately this particular hotel wasn't as nice as the other Country Inns I've stayed in. The room was tolerably clean. It wasn't filthy or overly dirty, but it could have been cleaner. The fiberglass bathtub looked dirty even though it wasn't. The phone on the nightstand did not work when I tried to call the front desk about the Internet.

The room was equipped with a microwave and refrigerator. The air-conditioner worked very well. The elevator was scary. I ended up taking the stairs most of the tme. The location is not very good. The hot breakfast was good as it always is with this chain.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CISPearl, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing this review with us. We strive to make every stay wonderful. We are working hard, under our new management, to correct all issues that are brought to our attention. We have done a turn over in our housekeeping department and I have shared with out head housekeeper the issues you have encountered. We have now set in place a check and balance system to ensure that our rooms are not sold at a below standards condition.

We have also communicated to our maintenance department about the phones in the rooms and the bathtubs. We are attempting to repair the bathtubs with a new method that we have not tried before to see if it will restore them to better conditions. If this does not work, we will be replacing them. We have found the issue with the phone and have corrected it. As for our elevator, we have called the repair company in and are awaiting their response to let us know what is wrong with the elevator and how we need to repair it.

We value your response to your experience and appreciate you giving us the opportunity to address the issues. We hope to wow you the next time you are in our area!

Tricia Haynes
Sales Director
Country Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

After this hotel accepted my bid from Priceline, I then went to Trip Advisor to learn more about it. The reviews were very scary to the say the least. While this hotel was listed as a 2.5 stars, it was being run as a 1 star in 2011. I immediately called and talked with a front desk person to let him know what I read on Trip Advisor. He shared that they did a complete staff turnover in Nov. 2011 and had started renovation soon after. Most of it was completed by Jan 2012. That made me feel better and I followed up with an email stating my level of expectation for a 2.5 star hotel. Both by phone and through email, this hotel staff was very responsive. When we arrived at 11:30 pm, I was very appreciative of their well lighted parking lot. The lobby was very clean even though three bus loads of college students were there. Front desk person was ready for us. My wife is the final say on if a room is considered clean and she liked what she saw. Only due to the age of furnishings and decor, would I rate this hotel as a 2 vs. 2.5. But the key for our family is cleanliness, and we saw that in every aspect. Only a few comments that i am sure they are working on: 1. Upgrading the elevator, it felt a little shaky. 2. The TV was confusing when you turn it on. For the first 5 min. you see this TV Guide type listing and you can't do anything to it (up, down, remove it, etc.) It just stays up there. As a business traveler, I was frustrated that I couldn't view the channels I wanted to see. 3. Breakfast staff was not prepared for the number of guests that stayed the night before. The items they offered for breakfast were plentiful, but they were at zero on most items by 8 am. The staff needs to plan better next time. For the price we paid through priceline, we felt we got our $$'s worth.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hoover, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This hotel was a disgrace to the hotel chain. I stay in hotels every week on business and I thought I would venture out and try something different from my normal places. What a huge mistake! This was rated a 2 1/2 star?!?! This place is not a Hampton Inn!! (Which is rated a 2 star and is vastly superior, as I have stayed there several times) The carpets were old and dirty. The TV,s were old and grainy. My comforter had dried paint on it for christ sake! And when I called the front desk to make them aware of this, her response was "sir the hotel is getting a little old, and we are going to upgrade soon" What?! Are you serious? If I could get my money back and walk, I would be outta here and never look back!!! No more Country Inn for me, lesson learned.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CISPearl, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Jackson-Airport, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
We are very sorry for what you found in your room. We did review the room and found it to be below our high standards. I want to appologize to you for the condition of the room and for the response from our front desk. My General Manager and I have spoke with both our front desk and housekeeping staff and and we have retrained them. I believe that we spoke about this incident. As we discussed, I will make sure that your next visit with us will be complimentary so that we can show you that this particular room is not our normal standards and that our service will be top notch in the future.
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I've learned from many stays at various Country Inns across the country that these are individual franchises, so I've noticed some inconsistencies from one property to another. But this location was a big disappointment. Travelling across country solo I was looking for a familiar level of accommodations and cleanliness. This property was decorated in the same manner as other Country Inns, but the cleanliness of this hotel was very poor. I walked into the bathroom to find the seat cover up as though just used by a man, and the toilet bowl was streaked from months of not being cleaned properly. I looked at the sink and tub and while they were surface-free of dirt, they were stained from obviously not being scrubbed with cleanser in months. Surfaces of the end tables, microwave and refrigerator were all dusty; the carpet corners were full of dust, and light bulbs were out in two lamps. Made crawling into bed a bit uncomfortable. Frankly would have opted for another hotel had it not been so late in the evening. For the same amount of money I would recommend looking for another hotel brand in this general location or go somewhere else. Country Inns...the management and cleaning effort at this property is tarnishing your reputation! One bright spot was the gentleman who checked me in...nice conversation and professional, and very willing to make sure I had my breakfast items and driving direction tips the next morning.

Room Tip: Be willing to ask for a different room if the one you get appears to be unclean.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

Hmmm... Well, breakfast was fantastic! Big variety. The rooms were spacious, but, in my opinion, they needed updating. Also, they could've been cleaner. The bed was comfy. The shower smelled musty. But it was ok for an overnight. Just don't pay a lot!

• Stayed November 2011
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

One questions how a hotel in such poor condition can stay in business. The rooms and bathrooms were filthy, the carpet looks as though it hadn't been cleaned since the Carter administration, our shower rod was barely clinging to the wall, breakfast was cold and the woman responsible was surly, the bed was so soft it had to be 20 years old. Have you ever stayed at a hotel and were afraid to have any part of your body come in contact with a surface? That's what it's like to stay here. Once again Priceline's star rating is a joke.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

My husband and I spent one night here while in town for business. The place was very clean, bathroom nice and clean with lots of towels. It was quite and our room overlooked a beautiful pond with geese. The best part, I have to say, was that they allowed our dog to stay for free after we willingly let them check our room before we checked out. We have put this cozy place down in our favorites and will stay again on our return trips.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Jackson-Airport? Share your experiences!