“Basic motel - works for a quick overnight while traveling.” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Pearl/Jackson East
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   111 Airport Road Court, Pearl, MS 39208   |
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Fort Worth, Texas
“Basic motel - works for a quick overnight while traveling.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Basic motel room - nothing fancy, but not bad either. Our room had been freshly painted because we could still smell the paint. The "continental breakfast" is totally a joke though - a couple of cereals, a prepackaged cinnamon roll and two frozen waffles were all that were sitting out on the bar when we walked in. We actually thought we were too late and had missed breakfast. Needless to say, we ended up at Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson East, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to post this review. we are glad that your experience was good except little bit about breakfast. Once again we are thankful to you for sharing your experience with us and hoping to serve you better next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed twice in this hotel and will continue to do so, I feel safe and comfortable staying over night alone. Plus they have shuttles that pick you up from the airport. The only problem is the furniture, needs a bit of an upgrade.

• Stayed December 2012
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson East, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
We appreciate your staying with us and taking the time to post this review. We are glad that you found yourself safe on our premises and also pleased with our airport shuttle service. Right now we are renovating all of our rooms and step by step we are also going to update furniture also. we are inviting you to welcome back to our hotel.
Thanks,
D.K.patel
Gen. Manager
Delaware, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Everything looked nice when you walked in. I sat on the bed to take my shoes off and relax the bed is a little to firm for my or my husbands liking. We started getting things settled and looked at our socks and though jeeze there really dirty maybe its from the airport, we were wrong, after we took them off I walked from the bed to the shower and got in mty feet were almost black the floors were extremely dirty. So i was ready to sleep at this point. Got in bed and woke up around 3 wrapped up some how in two sheets, i figured out that they didnt put a fitted sheet on instead they took a regular flat sheet on and tucked it in. I was unhappy with this stay i understand noise from the airport, and staying in a hotel i dont expect everything to be perfect however i do expect cleanliness. Due to the cleanliness of our room we opted out of the free breakfast, for the simple fact that you get what you pay for and if our room is that dirty i could only imagine the kitchen. When i visit Mississippi again i will surely stay somewhere else. I feel that being a chain, corporate should step in and make them step it up a notch.

Room Tip: if you dont want to hear foot traffic stay upstairs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson East, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
We are thankful to you to bring this to our notice. We are taking care of it.
Once again I apologize for the any inconvenience we may have caused you and hoping to serve you better next time.
Greenville, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I chose this location partly because the prices in Pearl were better than elsewhere in the Jackson area, and partly because of the reviews here, so I figured I’d leave my own. Overall it was a satisfactory one-night stay; we weren’t expecting a lot. Our room appeared clean and smelled okay (we requested non-smoking), and included a coffee pot, microwave, mini closet area, iron and board, and tall dorm-size fridge, though none of which we used. I liked the tv and the wifi is free (no password even). The bed was comfortable but too firm for my tastes, though my husband liked it more. I appreciated that the curtains blocked out light effectively, the A/C worked well, and the shower had good water pressure and temps. The continental breakfast served 6-9 am is basic but not bad.
There were a few downsides. The bathroom smelled moderately of smoke, and it wafted out enough to give me a headache. The management was appreciative of us letting them know about it in the morning. Since it’s near the airport, we heard planes taking off starting right at 8 am, and it’s also near the highway so there was some truck noise. We were on a corner upstairs, so we didn't hear any noise from surrounding or overhead rooms. They were a bit skimpy on the towels, just the bare minimum, but it worked ok for us. All in all not a bad experience for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
super8pearl, General Manager at Super 8 Pearl/Jackson East, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write review. we are glad that you find everything good except moderate smokee smell in bathroom. We are taking care of it. We look forward to welcone back to our hotel.
Thanks,
D.K.Patel
Gen.Manager

Been to Super 8 Pearl/Jackson East? Share your experiences!