“Web site overstates property” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Pearl
San Antonio, Texas
“Web site overstates property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a off freeway location a few miles from the Jackson, MS Airport, which is hidden behind a few less expensive motels--an econolodge and a comfort inn. It is not a great area of town, you overlook mobile homes and fast food places, so don't look for a scenic view.

I was most disapointed that the hilton website said it had an indoor pool, and it certainly doesn't, just the typical outside pool closed half the year. The computers in the lobby didn't work, staff had no idea what was wrong with them. There were a few examples of that--looked better on the surface that when you tried to use the services. All and all, I thought this hotel was a bit overpriced for what it was.

That said, it was fully in compliant with Hampton Inn class services--clean and comfortable, fee internet (bring your own computer), and breaksfast was okay. It checked the block.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had a disappointing experience regarding some internet issues. I am sorry that you had some issues with the website saying the hotel had an indoor pool. Your satisfacation is my number one concern so I appreciate you bring this to my attention so that I may follow-up with our internet provider. We are always looking for ways to improve our property and will definitely keep your comments in mind.

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The accommodations were nice, the complimentary breakfast was great and the staff were very kind and helpful! I came for a business trip with my wife, and for the price... You couldn't beat the service and the accommodations!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found the complimentary breakfast was great and the staff were very kind and helpful, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. We appreciate your business and hope you come back and visit us the next time you are in this area.
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was a short stay for a small business meeting. The staff are friendly and helpful especially the morning breakfast lady. Overall this is a nice hotel. The pickup at the airport is convenient and the airport is nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for this great review, we truly appreciate your feedback regarding the location and our staff. We are glad you enjoyed the service provided by our team ,and are happy to hear that the airport was convenient for you during your visit. Please come back if you are ever in this area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My family and I usually find Hampton Inn to be very clean and visually appealing, which is why we decided to only stay at Hampton Inns while traveling. However, I'm wondering if the room we received this time around was because we are on a military rate. Why? Well, lets start with the fact that the first thing I noticed when I walked in was the big empty space next to the TV--where the microwave and fridge USED to be. Then, upon looking up at the ceiling, it appears that some work or cover-up painting occurred that is very visually I unappealing. The flat-screen TV sitting on top of the dresser must REALLY be heavy because the top of the dresser is SAGGING in the middle. The coffee maker and hair dryer in the bathroom are very old models.
The room is clean and the front desk staff are professional and helpful. In fact, when I asked the front desk receptionist if all the rooms were without microwaves and refrigerators, she politely replied that some rooms do and some don't, but no one knows which rooms do or don't because they "move them around so much." This response raised a number of other questions in my head, but I left well enough alone.
I'm only writing this negative review because I am surprised that the Hampton Inn has locations where the rooms are sub-par, or should I say, right along the lines of a much less expensive motel.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed we failed tyo give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests - the type of service in which we pride ourselves. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us the next time you're in town.
TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The lobby renovation is complete but the rooms are a little dated. Good location near the interstate and restaurants. Not the best option in Jackson but will do for one night stay. One plus was the number of channels available on tv, it's the little things....

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our hotel to be conveniently located to nearby restaurants as well as the highway, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I truly apologize if you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. Our guests' satisfacation is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Your feedback is very important to us and I will make sure to keep your comments in mind to better our property.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town: you consider staying with us again.
Anacortes, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here on Jan 23 2013, and I won't be doing that again.

This place is torn up. I've stayed at places that were undergoing renovations before but this looked like some kind of war zone. I really thought I'd walked into the London blitz.

The clerk that checked me in wouldn't give me a bottle of water.
All this money and I can't have a bottle of water OR a clear path to my room?

The room was ok, and I slept well enough. Average. Not great.
The milk at breakfast tasted like it was about six weeks old.
The other employees I encountered were nice enough. Nicer than I'd be if I had to work in such a mess!

I checked out and left after breakfast. I didn't even want to try and interact with these clowns and ask for a refund.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VBarot12, Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton. I am disappointed
we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests
– the type of service in which we pride ourselves. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled as we finish our renovations. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure that we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed at every Hilton property in the Jackson area and this is my least favorite. The location is good, near the airport and close to restaurants, movies, and the Bass Pro shop. However, it is an older property that needs renovation. The lobby/breakfast area is being renovated now. There was dust everywhere and breakfast was served in a conference room. The staff said it should be finished by February 2013, so check before you travel if this is an issue for you. My room was just run down. Everything worked, but was old and dingy. There are no electrical outlets near the bed to plug in you phone or laptop. The bathroom is very small. Parking was inconvenient - all the parking is at one end of the hotel, away from the lobby. There are many nicer hotels in the area, I would pick another. My favorite is the Hampton Inn Jackson-Flowood.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay with us. Your opinion is very important If you are ever in the Jackson area we would love to have you come back and stay again.

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport? Share your experiences!