“Average Hampton” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 19 hotels in Pearl
TN
“Average Hampton”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The lobby renovation is complete but the rooms are a little dated. Good location near the interstate and restaurants. Not the best option in Jackson but will do for one night stay. One plus was the number of channels available on tv, it's the little things....

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are delighted that you found our hotel to be conveniently located to nearby restaurants as well as the highway, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I truly apologize if you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. Our guests' satisfacation is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Your feedback is very important to us and I will make sure to keep your comments in mind to better our property.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town: you consider staying with us again.

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Anacortes, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here on Jan 23 2013, and I won't be doing that again.

This place is torn up. I've stayed at places that were undergoing renovations before but this looked like some kind of war zone. I really thought I'd walked into the London blitz.

The clerk that checked me in wouldn't give me a bottle of water.
All this money and I can't have a bottle of water OR a clear path to my room?

The room was ok, and I slept well enough. Average. Not great.
The milk at breakfast tasted like it was about six weeks old.
The other employees I encountered were nice enough. Nicer than I'd be if I had to work in such a mess!

I checked out and left after breakfast. I didn't even want to try and interact with these clowns and ask for a refund.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
VBarot12, Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hampton. I am disappointed
we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for with all our guests
– the type of service in which we pride ourselves. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail and steps are being taken to ensure these types of issues are handled as we finish our renovations. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in town. I can assure that we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed at every Hilton property in the Jackson area and this is my least favorite. The location is good, near the airport and close to restaurants, movies, and the Bass Pro shop. However, it is an older property that needs renovation. The lobby/breakfast area is being renovated now. There was dust everywhere and breakfast was served in a conference room. The staff said it should be finished by February 2013, so check before you travel if this is an issue for you. My room was just run down. Everything worked, but was old and dingy. There are no electrical outlets near the bed to plug in you phone or laptop. The bathroom is very small. Parking was inconvenient - all the parking is at one end of the hotel, away from the lobby. There are many nicer hotels in the area, I would pick another. My favorite is the Hampton Inn Jackson-Flowood.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay with us. Your opinion is very important If you are ever in the Jackson area we would love to have you come back and stay again.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Overnite stay after a week work in mississippi, just trying to find a hotel that is closer to the airport. Check in was a breeze, then a little surprise on the headboard when I found a sticky note saying that my duvet cover was clean. Wow, should I expect a dirty one if I am a paying customer? I don't think so. 5 minutes in the room I started hearing someone drilling things downstairs and my hallway light infront of the bathroom start dancing with it and continue to dance even after the drilling stop. I got headache from the blinking light and decided to shut it off. As far as vlose to eatery this property is.in a walking distance to ruby tuesday, mcalister, wendys popeyes , cracker barel. I didn't know how is breakfast since I left before it started.

• Stayed January 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay with us. Your opinion is very important to us as well if you are ever in the Jackson area we would love to have you come back in stay again.
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We decided on the Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport hotel while visiting the Jackson area. The hotel lobby was clean and the staff courteous. The room was functional and comfortable. This is not a high end property but it served the purpose. The only complaint is it is co-located with another hotel, I think Comfort Inn, and it is easy to go to the wrong hotel because the signs are confusing. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review of your recent stay. Your opinion is very important to us we hope that you will come back in stay again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My flight to Jackson was an hour, and so was the wait at the airport for the van. I lost an hour of my life waiting in the cold. Could have hopped into a taxi for the approx 5 miles. Instead, I called the desk 3 times, still no van. Finally it came with an unapologetic driver.
Nice Hampton. I would stay again because I love Hamptons, but take a taxi to get a jump on life....

Stayed November 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service, this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in Jackson we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Fayetteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stay almost exclusively in Hampton Inns and found this one very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom was very clean. The beds were comfy. The breakfast was fresh and nice. All-in-all a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cynthia b, Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for the Hampton Inn Pearl. We strive to provide our guests a clean and comfortable environment to relax in while traveling. We hope if you are ever in the Jackson area you will come back and stay with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport? Share your experiences!