“Airport van? Sort of...Take a taxi for faster service.” 3 of 5 stars

Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1234 Phillips Street, Pearl, MS 39208   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
“Airport van? Sort of...Take a taxi for faster service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My flight to Jackson was an hour, and so was the wait at the airport for the van. I lost an hour of my life waiting in the cold. Could have hopped into a taxi for the approx 5 miles. Instead, I called the desk 3 times, still no van. Finally it came with an unapologetic driver.
Nice Hampton. I would stay again because I love Hamptons, but take a taxi to get a jump on life....

Stayed November 2012
cynthia b, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service, this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in Jackson we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Fayetteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stay almost exclusively in Hampton Inns and found this one very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom was very clean. The beds were comfy. The breakfast was fresh and nice. All-in-all a nice overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
cynthia b, Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for the Hampton Inn Pearl. We strive to provide our guests a clean and comfortable environment to relax in while traveling. We hope if you are ever in the Jackson area you will come back and stay with us again.
Mobile
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is one of the older ones to start with. I asked the front desk for a bottle of water and was told they left one in my room and didnt believe me when I said it wasn't. The cable went out and they needed me to give them the serial number off the box liked I worked there. The breakfast was also not good the waffle mix was watery and the coffee was hot water with a little color. I am a Hilton Diamond customer and never experienced something this bad from there brands. I was suppose to be there a week and had to cancel the remaining days.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hendu664
cynthia b, Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I appreciate your review of our recent stay at hotel. I am so sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. We strive to provide our guests a clean and comfortable environment to relax in while traveling and apologize you felt we did not succeed. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, Keeping your recommendations in mind. Please accept our apology for the issue with your television, this we have fixed the problem and don't expect further issues. The next time you are in town please visit us again so that we may show you the quality stay you expect and deserve. Thank you for your comments.

Travelers are raving about these Pearl hotels

Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida. Got there 12 MN. staff was helpful and polite. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Good breakfast, free. Great price.
Our stay was great. One of the best hotel stays for the price we paid.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
The Hampton Inn Pearl really appreciate your review we are glad you had a enjoyable stay with us, and hope if you are every in the Jackson area again you will come and stay with us.
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I really appreciated the airport shuttle that the Hampton provided. I arrived late, and check-in was fast and easy. The lobby was clean and nicely decorated. I stay in alot of Hampton Inns, because I can expect the same level and of service, cleanliness, etc. in each one. The Jackson Pearl Hampton did have dated room decor, but the room itself was spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. The breakfast was your typical Hampton fare - good selection and the breakfast staff is super friendly as usual. I don't travel to Jackson very often, but I would choose this hotel again for a business trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Great bed and bedding. Breakfast had eggs which I don't find at most hotels.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. If you are ever in Jackson we would love to have you come back and stay again.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was (still am) flabbergasted by the event that I witnessed at this hotel. It was a windy and rainy morning with many thunderstorms in the area. With that said, I pulled my car up to the front door of the hotel to be sheltered from the rain while loading my car. I pulled to the side to make room for other cars to pass, but this black Grand Am was taking up enough space for two cars so I didn’t have much room. On top of the fact that she took two parking places, she parked very close to the front door which made getting my luggage outside a challenge as well. Another lady was also trying to get her cart out the front door, and around that car as her husband pulled up in their truck. We all continued to struggle while maneuvering our carts around that car. Eventually another gentleman was loading his car and had the same struggle-actually he was parked in the rain and getting wet while loading his car. The carts were hitting our vehicles, we were hitting each other’s vehicles and we were all frustrated!
All of a sudden the employee who works in the kitchen came outside, in her uniform, to get something out of “her” car! I was so upset that I went up to the lady at the front desk and said, “This is ridiculous! Your employee parked her car practically on top of the front door and we, the customers, are getting wet and were VERY uncomfortable loading our cars.” At that moment the employee walks in and looks at me and says, “Well there was no place to park when I got here this morning and I’m not going to get wet! I said, “Well you need to park way in the back and walk through the flooded parking lot, like I had to do b/c there was no parking in the front when I got here as well, or park on the street.” She said, “I’m not parking my car on the street!” At that moment all the other guests in the lobby started to comment about how she is more important than the customer. The lady at the front desk told me that the employee’s name is Cynthia Boykin (she works the kitchen buffet) and that I could call Ms. Terry, the manager, to complain. Honestly, being that she didn’t think that Cynthia did anything wrong I decided not to even call and complain. As far as I know “Ms. Terry” could be another kitchen employee, who will take the call and pretend like discipline will occur. I will NEVER stay here again‼! It is really sad b/c I had just left the Hampton Inn in Jackson, and had the MOST AMAZING stay, the entire week that I stayed there!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business