“Airport hotel, not impressive” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Double Points!
Ranked #7 of 19 hotels in Pearl
Hamtramck, Michigan, United States
“Airport hotel, not impressive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I didn't like it. Look and felt cheap. But it isn't terrible.

Pro: Friendly staff, good location (close to airport and is like normal airport), Was safe but I worried (didn't feel that safe to me).

Con: cheap looking, breakfast served on paper plate, tiny/unwelcoming gym,

If I can't find any other place, I will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bartlett, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed in one of the "King Suites". This room has the extra living room off to the side and two large flat panel TV's. Comcast Cable was a bonus as the selection was great. Carpet was a bit worn and room slightly dated, but amenities were excellent. Two different workstations and a spacious bathroom. I will definitely stay here next time I come through town. Breakfast was decent. The "Bagel Toppers" were horrendous, but the waffles, fruit, coffee, etc were very good. Check in and out was smooth and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

The employees were very nice and our room was clean. The bed was comfy. We had no issue finding the entrance or the hotel. The breakfast was good. Way more of a selection than just your average donuts and coffee, which is what we were expecting. The only strange thing was the water has this weird greasy feel to it, but that may be how the water is in Pearl. Our overall stay was very good.

• Stayed April 2012
VBarot12, Hotel Management Company at Hampton Inn Jackson/Pearl-International Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us! We are happy to hear you were able to find our location easily and enjoyed our complimentary Breakfast. We hope to see you again soon! Safe travels and thank you again for staying with us.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I had a flight delay and came in JAN very late so I changed another reservation I had a couple hour drive away and had the Diamond desk book me here. I got in very late.
It is an older Hampton Inn, and coming in late and leaving early, it was totally fine.
Typical example of an older Hampton Inn. Room was clean, nice bed, and clsoe to the interstate. Furnishings were a bit dated.
I left early so I have no idea if breakfast was good or bad, although the breakfast area looked really nice.
The person workign the front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

This Hampton is conveniently located off the interstate. The staff was awesome! We left a bag of meds and vitamins and we were 200 miles away when we realized it. Called them up and they sent them to us, COD, but that's cool. Saved the day. Only questionable thing is my son found some funky stuff where the bottom of the bed meets the floor. we washed his hands and called it a day. No big deal, but a vacuum down there would work wonders.

• Stayed December 2011
south
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed at this property for only one night, but found it clean and pleasant. Everyone was nice and seemed helpful. The location is not near many restaurants that we liked but there are several places to eat a short drive away.

For a short visit, we would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I checked in late and left first thing in the morning, so it was a short stay and thus a brief review follows. The hotel is just off Highway 468 (near the I-20 exit) and behind a Shoney's Restaurant so it's buffered from the highway noise. Nothing fancy about the property but I found it to be clean and quiet. I did notice several security cameras in the interior hallways. There are several restaurants within a reasonable walking distance although you have to cross a road or two to get to some of them. The room had a 32" or so flat screen TV with lots of cable channels but none in high definition. There was free Wi Fi with a log in code provided on the envelope that holds your room key. The morning breakfast was consistent with Hampton Inn standards. A free shuttle takes guests to the airport every 45 minutes starting at 5 a.m.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face to the south (toward I-20 in the distance) although no highway noise could b...