“above average interstate hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Riverwind East Dr, Pearl, MS 39208   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
New Orleans, Louisiana
“above average interstate hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

the hotel is modern and clean. the room had a flat-screen HDTV, fridge and microwave. the wifi is decent. the room was quiet considering the location on the interstate. the sweet roll at breakfast is tasty. i would stay here again but hopefully i will not need to go back to jackson.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We checked in this evening. Was a little difficult to find since google maps didn't know the address. Check-in was quick and friendly. Rooms are nice and big enough. However we only realized after dropping our bags and returning from dinner that the housekeeping is definitely not good. The bathroom floor has hair all over it, the corners haven't been cleaned in a while, there is some sticky dried mass on the bathroom floor, the wall and the shower curtain. This would be a decent hotel if housekeeping would do their job. Dirty is something I can't deal with and I am glad we are leaving tomorrow morning.

• Stayed October 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear SarahTX,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our room accommodation and check in experience. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the level of cleanliness. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and services we offer to our guests.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We travel for business and oftentimes stop at Holiday Inn Express but this location is not hitting the mark. When we arrived it was obvious the young lady didn't' t really want to be working. We checked in and went to our room, we noticed a previous customer had stuffed tissue in the 2 peepholes in the door, apparently fearful someone could see in. I understand, but housekeepers did not remove these in their cleanung--what else was not cleaned/ changed?I alerted the front desk lady who' s response as if why are you telling me. Nothing was done. What did I expect-- her or someone to go& remove and spray clean the door-- not. We had a handicapped accessible room, which we requested, the shower head holder clamp, obviously not purchased with the shower head so if not holding it, it will hang down to the floor spraying whatever, so unable to use . We Don' t sleep well at night--mattress feeling to me like a hospital bed mattress, finally got to sleep this am when housekeeping presses the doorbell once , one knock and leaves. Doorbell sounds like a fire alarm--loud and shrill. Having been in 3 previous hotels that have had fire alarms go off for fires, this elicits an immediate stress response. When my husband gets to door-- no one. Back to bed and drift off to sleep to awaken to someone opening our door-- unable to fully open because of the latch. No knock, no announcement, just letting themselves in-- housekeeping. Of course we are angry. She apologizes, but at 9: 40 and 3 1/2 hr sleep, we decide we need to leave.Go to front desk to turn in keys and get final receipt. No one there. Say hello, hello. Nothing wait repeat. After about 5-7 min. A lady comes out of kitchen. I explain I want to check out and get final receipt." Didn' t you get one? "If I had , would I be standing there, waiting to leave? Then, apparently, trying to find a reason not to come, asks if we made our reservation thru Expedia. No, we PD cash. Reluctantly she comes. When she looks at receipt she sees the lady had charged us $5.00 too much but looking thru papers couldn' t find the check in paper. I went to car to get my copy, and eventually, she handw rites a statement that she was giving me $5.00 to sign and we leave. Now Holiday Inn has 100% satisfaction guarantee. She did say she would tell manager of the housekeeper episode, since it STILL was' t check out time. Will we stop there again-- not likely. Good luck if you do.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear cajunroadwarrior,

Thank you very much for leaving us with your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. We would also like to follow up with you directly and have sent you a Private Message.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here for the night, on a road trip from Dallas to Atlanta. We were exhausted, and had planned on finding hotel in Jackson, Mississippi, as it was the halfway point to our destination. After seeing the options in Jackson, we decided it best to get as far away from there as possible! The motels there were surrounded by tall metal fences and locked gates. Very spooky! So we were happy to find this place, an oasis. They were booked solid as were the Holiday Inns for many miles in all directions. I won't go into detail, but the very nice lady, her name was Alicia, she went above and beyond the call of duty to get us safe and settled. Her very kind and helpful ways have insured that we will continue to support Holiday Inn whenever possible. We had been leaning towards Sheraton, but they'll need to take their place behind HI. The lady manager the next morning was nice too, hotel was very clean and new. We had a corner suite. Nice!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Not sure if this is a new hotel, but is sure seemed that way. I reserved a king and was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door. It was very large. There was a nice sitting area with a sofa, chair, table, and tv. Room included minifridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Furniture was modern and new. Bed was comfortable. Room was far enough away from I20 that I didn't hear any road noise. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This was my first stay at this property. Although I am in the area occasionally, I have always stayed at other properties. I never even realized this was in the area until it was recommended to me for this stay. It did not disappoint. It is a very nice, updated décor, and the room felt very spacious. Breakfast was nice, nothing out of the ordinary. Can't really recall the desk clerk, so not outstanding, but certainly not bad either. I did not receive the typical platinum upgrade like I usually do, but for a one night stay that was not an issue. Bed was OK, but not as soft and comfy as I like. I wouldn't mind staying here again, but given a choice I think I would go back to my favorite right down the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Little Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Besides being hard-to-find / not on Siri's RADAR (But she's an idiot as we all know), and a little bit too close to I-20, this was a great hotel.
New, great wall unit and TV, nice cool air conditioning, fresh smelling and pretty darn clean, + very nice staff. Only 2 complaint - 1. I could hear some freeway noise but I just kept my fan on which drowned it out.
2. It was a little dark, like all hotel rooms using CF bulbs.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Jackson/Pearl International Airport? Share your experiences!