“Nice place and nice people” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Pearl
Madrid, Spain
“Nice place and nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I spend one night in this hotel. The service was really good, people there were very nice. The room was really big, clean and confortable. The barhroom very good and new. And the food in the restaurant yummy!
I will stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Shawn C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Trustmark Park-Pearl, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear MERLS,

I appreciate you letting me know that we did a great job. I will definately share your comments with my staff. We value your feedback and love hearing when we got it right.

Shawn Cochran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Falls Church Virgini
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My stay was courtesy of US Air but I enjoyed the unplanned visit very much. The hotel has a very good gym, the bar/restaurant was good and the room was very modern and spotless. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone. And the airport shuttle was on time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Shawn C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Trustmark Park-Pearl, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear JMVFRVA,

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. It is always a tough pill to swallow when the arilines can not get you to your destination. I am glad we were able to provide some, at least temporary, relief during your travels. Again, thank you for relating your experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

When I arrive to check and everything went well to start with. As a check in continued my debit card was declined. I told them to give me a moment to call to transfer funds. when I came back again to tell them to run the card they have tried to run it again while I was gone also several times. they then told me that my card is still being declined. After the employees informed me that my funds don't transfer that fast. That it was after 5 o'clock. But of course I overlooked this knowing that they are not a bank that there a hotel and have no idea what you're talking about. I told them to run it again. And it's always my card went through. This debit card should I use out on the road while I'm working I do not keep a lot of cash on in case it is misplaced. I hope next time they will realize that they are a hotel and not a bank.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear CBPILOTCARS,

I do appologize that you encountered trouble during your check in at our hotel. I am glad everything did finally work out. I hope we can be your hotel of choice next time you are in the Jackson area.

Hell, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights during a work trip and overall the hotel was good. The location was convenient and I have no complaints at all about the hotel staff. The room was large, clean and comfortable and the air conditioning was quiet which was good. I would stay here again of I'm in the Jackson area for business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear TRBEER,

Thank you for your comments about your previous stay with us. We do strvie to always provide great accomidations and it sounds like we hit our mark during your stay. Hopefully we will see you on a future trip to the Jackson area.

Lauderdale, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've stayed here about five times over the last year and never had any problems.
Check-in was quick and friendly. Rooms were clean.
Kid's loved the indoor pool. (NOT heated)
Food at restaurant (Sports Bar theme) was okay, TV's at tables kinda neat.
Walking distance from Baseball stadium and Bass Pro Shop.
Near Movie Theater, Cracker Barrel, and Sam's Club.
Avoid the Shoney's unless you like to take a trip to the local ER.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shawn C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Trustmark Park-Pearl, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Thunderguppy,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response about your recent stay with us. We do always want to congratulate our associates when they have done a good job. We look forward to serving your needs in the again.

South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I would not avoid this property but, I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here. For this trip it was a place to sleep and take a shower. Room was clean and comfortable with a flat screen TV. Except for checkout, staff were friendly, especially the airport shuttle guys. I felt sorry for the 1 checkout lady. She seemed fairly new and had not been peoperly trained. She called someone several times with the simplest questions. If she wasn't fairly new then that's another problem. Service was so poor in the restaurant at breakfast that I just left after sitting there for almost 15 minutes and there was only one other table of 4. I have no idea where the waitstaff were. Across the parking lot is a Bass Pro Shop that will interest some.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ken,

Thank you for posting about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn. I do appreciate your candid comments about our staff what we can do to get better. I do agree that it is our responsibility to make sure we proper people in the proper place trained and ready to go.

We do strive to always make every stay the best it can be and I do appologize that we did not meet this goal during your stay. I am following up with the departmetns you mentioned to help ensure we do get better.

Nashville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The positives: the second room was mostly clean (shower had some grout that was a bit funky). The bed and sheets were comfortable. The breakfast, although not included in the price of the room was very good.

The negatives: when we arrived there were a number of buckets around catching leaks from the rainy weather in the lobby. We were told that there was some storm damage from the remains of a tropical storm, but some of the watermarks looked chronic. The check in was rude. We were placed in a room without a/c. We left and were told it would be fixed. When we returned the a/c had been worked on and it stayed cool for a while. But the a/c cover was left on the floor. We asked that they send the tech to put it back together. He did, but the air stopped working. It had backed up and leaked all over the floor. Soaking carpet. They finally moved us to another room, but the a/c there worked sporadically as well. Luckily, it was a cool night. Thin walls woke us around 5:30 a.m. as we could hear the occupants talking in the next room. I was surprised the walls were so thin.

They did throw in free breakfasts for the trouble, but we've stayed in Jackson at better priced hotels with breakfast included. I'd look around before booking here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Trustmark Park-Pearl, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear TitanTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a review. I am glad that you liked our location and found our bed accommodations comfortable enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the staff may have caused and for the air conditioning issues you experienced. I appreciate you bringing these issues into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Trustmark Park-Pearl? Share your experiences!