The owners succeded in restoring the house to it's originality. From recreating the mill work to shopping for old doors in New Orleans, you will notice the details. I love the original flooring with all their (refinished) flaws and cracks. I am glad to have found a place to stay in the area that is so comforting and enjoyable. It's very well worth the stay.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Magnolia Ballroom Hotel
- The Grand Magnolia Ballroom Hotel Pascagoula
- The Grand Magnolia Ballroom And Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among century old Oak and Magnolia trees sits The Grand Magnolia Ballroom & Suites. Originally built in 1894, this Queen Anne has been completely restored to her original splendor. Keeping the old world charm and adding modern amenities has made this one of the Gulf Coast's most preferred Inns. Wrap around porches and the open courtyard are the perfect place to enjoy coffee in the morning or a beautiful sunset in the evening. Our guest's enjoy complimentary continental style breakfast and coffee in the morning. Bottled water, hot chocolate, and popcorn are available daily. Our parlors are relaxing and enjoyable. Many books and pictures are available on the history of Pascagoula and the recent devastation and rebuilding of Hurricane Katrina. Located in the Historic Downtown District of Pascagoula, shopping and dining is only one block away in the cozy downtown area. Many shops and galleries are available. We are only minutes from Beach Park and just around the corner from the new Lighthouse Park and boat launch. Our guest's also enjoy the beautiful Pascagoula River. Home to over 900 species of birds and other wildlife a riverboat tour is a must while staying here. The Round Island Lighthouse has been relocated one block north of the Inn, fishing and boating is only two blocks away, and Casinos and Deep Sea Fishing are just a 20 minute drive. We invite you to come be our guest for a night or weekend. We make ordinary nights, EXTRAORDINARY nights! ... more less