The B&B is a beautiful renovation of a 1890s grand house, financed partly by post-Katrina funds. I stayed in the Garden Room which is directly accessible from the porch and the parking lot. It has a very nice feel to it; the bathroom is spacious and nicely appointed. This could also be a fully accessible room, if need be. The house is Victorian in style however the owners, who don’t live here, avoided a kitschy overload of decoration. Everything is done with taste. The other rooms are also beautiful, the Key West suite is upstairs, and the biggest of the three suites is accessible from a reception room where a refrigerator holds cold bottled water and orange juice. The inn probably makes the most money off events in an adjacent “ballroom” building which requires a large parking area. However the lot where the B&B is situated is so large that it would be nicer if the space directly adjacent to the B7B entry would be a landscaped garden, free of cars. There is a shy cat coming in the morning to get her food; which reminds me that I wished my breakfast would have been a little bit more substantial. At night you will hear the romantic sound of a distant foghorn, and the not so pleasant nearby trains passing by. Overall the Grand magnolia is an excellent choice while passing through Goula. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled among century old Oak and Magnolia trees sits The Grand Magnolia Ballroom & Suites. Originally built in 1894, this Queen Anne has been completely restored to her original splendor. Keeping the old world charm and adding modern amenities has made this one of the Gulf Coast's most preferred Inns. Wrap around porches and the open courtyard are the perfect place to enjoy coffee in the morning or a beautiful sunset in the evening. Our guest's enjoy complimentary continental style breakfast and coffee in the morning. Bottled water, hot chocolate, and popcorn are available daily. Our parlors are relaxing and enjoyable. Many books and pictures are available on the history of Pascagoula and the recent devastation and rebuilding of Hurricane Katrina. Located in the Historic Downtown District of Pascagoula, shopping and dining is only one block away in the cozy downtown area. Many shops and galleries are available. We are only minutes from Beach Park and just around the corner from the new Lighthouse Park and boat launch. Our guest's also enjoy the beautiful Pascagoula River. Home to over 900 species of birds and other wildlife a riverboat tour is a must while staying here. The Round Island Lighthouse has been relocated one block north of the Inn, fishing and boating is only two blocks away, and Casinos and Deep Sea Fishing are just a 20 minute drive. We invite you to come be our guest for a night or weekend. We make ordinary nights, EXTRAORDINARY nights! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your The Grand Magnolia Ballroom & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Magnolia Ballroom Hotel Pascagoula
- The Grand Magnolia Ballroom And Suites