“A good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Oxford

You added Super 8 Oxford to your Saves list
Super 8 Oxford
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2201 Jackson Ave West, Oxford, MS 38655 (Formerly Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Oxford
Chicago, IL
“A good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

We travel with our dog so Super 8 is on our list. This motel was clean, the staff friendly and the breakfast was good. It's continental, so don't expect scrambled eggs. The instant grits are good. Stir frequently while microwaving, then add butter and pepper.
PS. The website says $15 per day for a pet. We were not charged for our dog.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

The place was disgusting! No soap, no trash can in the room, hair on the towels, coffee in the sink, the carpet was unvacuumed and the linens where very worn. If it were not so late when we checked in, we would have left and gone elsewhere. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Gulf Coast, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

This is by far the dirtiest room I've ever been in. The carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed or cleaned in ages. The shower/tub area had mildew and there were things on the walls and chairs that I don't even want identified. The only nice part about this place is the girl at the front desk was kind enough to come to our room with keys to 5 or 6 other rooms that I could look at to make sure they were clean. One of those rooms had what looked like fresh shaving cream all over the carpet in the vanity area. The room we ended up with was clean, but the A/C was working hard and leaving the carpet wet from where it dripped. Beds were hard as a rock, which my hubby didn't mind seeing as how he can sleep on concrete. Thankfully this was a one night stay and it was just to drop my son off at college for the summer program. The rates at this hotel are about $40-$50 less than most that I checked on in the area. I'd rather pay the $40 to be in a clean room.

St Louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

When I saw previous reviews stating this place was "filthy", I ignored it and thought that the reviewer may be a neat freak. This was not the case. This place is "filthy". It is not in bad physical condition. It just needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. The staff was pleasant and re-vacuumed the carpet to get some leaves when we asked. We knew it was not immaculate when we checked in, but thought it was ok. When we left, we took a good look around to make sure we did not leave anything. Filthy. Complete lack of elbow grease.

Alpharetta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

My family traveled to Oxford for a family reunion and had plans to stay at a relatives home but it was just too crowded. Super 8 was nearby and we thought the price was ok. First of all let me say the staff at was wonderful. From the front desk clerk to the ladies in houskeeping they were all very helpful and extremely polite. That is a great asset for the hotel, but their property needs some major cleaning. The breezeway was littered with trash, leaves and cigarette butts, and the vending machines were dirty. I would like to assume the hotel owns vaccums, but after entering our room it appeared that they certainly don't use them. I did a bed check and the sheets appeared to be clean. The bathroom was ok but the towels didn't look clean and it wouldn't hurt them to use some mildew remover on the shower walls. It wasn't a "nasty" room but it wasn't a clean one either. I went to Wal Mart and purchased some Lysol to disinfect the place and flip flops for us to wear in the shower. Our room was poolside so there was lots of noise early in the mornings. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room so that made things a little better. On the morning of check out, we woke to no hot water! We notifed the front desk and they offered to send someone to check it out, but our time was running short so we all had to deal with cold showers. We defintely would not stay here again.

Newnan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

First off, room was below average at best. Not real clean. Over priced. Door lock was broken and would not lock. No telling how long it had been that way. Maintainance guy tried to repair it and was able to get it to lock but not securely. The gentleman told me there were lock problems all over the complex and the owner was aware and would spend the money to make repairs. I did not feel safe. In the parking lot, some of the lights were out. Wireless internet was poor

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

Great helpfull staff. The place needs cleaning real bad.
Please, clean, clean, clean.
I hope they are thinking on remodel the Hotel. The geographical location is Ideal. The manager is very helpfull and courtious. But someone needs to create a better cleaning system for them.
The tub is black on the non-slip stickon, along with the conners.
I was afraid to take a shower in it. Carpet needs a good clean or replacement. Furniture is very dirty. Bedding needs to be replaced. I hope someone from the hotel owner/management team will read this and hopefully realize they can increase business by creating a better cleaning system, and some new furniture and fixtures updates. I did have some photos, but to be fair I will not post.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Oxford? Share your experiences!